• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Accepting Submissions for BigWow Comic Fest May 18th-19th San Jose Ca.

8 posts in this topic

CGC Collectors!

I will be attending the BigWow comic festival this year, I will be accepting submissions as well as setting up my studio table in Artist Alley. We will try to get some exclusives made for the show with more details coming soon!

Also keep an eye out for our private signings and pre-show sketch lists!

http://www.bigwowcomicfest.com/guests/

Book and payments are due Monday May 14th.

Pricing:

Signatures:

$35 modern CGC submission fee 1980-Present

$48 economy CGC submission fee Any Year

Additional Signatures: $10.00 per additional signature

NOTE: All additional signatures MUST be signed at the same show or event. CGC no longer allows books to be held for additional signatures at an additional show or event. Once the book has been signed at a show or event it MUST be submitted for grading by the conclusion of that show or event.

Slab Cracking: $5.00 per item

Invoice Fee: $5.00 per invoice

Fast Tracking (optional): $10.00 per item

Return Shipping: $15 for the first comic and $3.00 each additional comic. For all other items please inquire. International shipping please inquire for a quote. Shipping does NOT include insurance.

Sketches:

I will provide sketch pickup services and sketch requests, the cost for each sketch pickup or request is $20.00 per item.

RETAINER: If you are interested in obtaining sketches I will work out a retainer for you to send via PayPal or check which I will use toward obtaining your items. I will invoice each customer within 14 days of the end of the event and provide a bill or a refund for the balance of the retainer provided.

* These prices include CGC grading and encapsulating and are subject to change.

** This price does not include CGC grading. Price applies to RAW ungraded items including comic books, posters, or other collectables.

How to get your item signed through Mercenary Art?

On the back of your comic submissions or on a separate sheet with your submission please provide the following information, name, address, telephone number, email and the name / names of the creators that you would like to sign the item. Failure to provide this information may delay or prevent the completion of your request or the return of your item.

All orders MUST be paid in advance or a payment arrangement should be made with me prior to the event. For sketch requests please confirm a retainer prior to the event. Acceptable payments include PayPal, or personal check. Make checks out to Jake Mackessy. Send PayPal payments to mackessy_30@hotmail.com.

Ship the books to:

Jake Mackessy

106 N Lilly St.

Moscow, Id. 83843

Once you mail your items(s), please send an email to mackessy_30@hotmail.com. In the body of the email, list the books included in the shipment, the shipping method, and the tracking number. In the subject line of the email, enter "Books for [your name] and the event from which your item is to be signed". If you have any questions, contact us either via e-mail at mackessy_30@hotmail.com or call me at (208) 329-4042.

DISCLAIMER: All books will be handled with care but no grade is guaranteed. Previous grades cannot be guaranteed and while I am happy to crack slabs this provides even more opportunity for damage to the book and I cannot be held responsible for damage during the slab cracking process. It can be attested however that my slab cracking skills are very good, recently completing 11 books cracked and returned 9.8 from SDCC.

2012 Mercenary Art Studio

106 N Lilly St.

Moscow, Id. 83843

Jake Mackessy

Email: mackessy_30@hotmail.com

The guest list so far this year includes:

Arthur Adams

Neal Adams

Pepper Alexandria

Sanya Anwar

Sergio Aragones

Alfonso Azpiri

Brian Azzarello

Mark Badger

Michael Bair

Eric Basaldua

Richard Becker

Joe Benitez

Lee Bermejo

Jordi Bernet

Lord Blood-Rah

Tim Bradstreet

Dan Brereton

Danny Bulanadi

Buzz

Keith Carter

Keu Cha

Travis Charest

Belle Chere

Joyce Chin

Frank Cho

Frank Cirocco

Annisse Damefatale

Tony Daniel

Geof Darrow

Olivia De Berardinis

Kelly Mark Delcambre

Rachel Dodson

Terry Dodson

Ivy Doomkitty

Mark Dos Santos

Lela Dowling

Steve Englehart

Tony Fleecs

Dan Fogel

Ernie "Hardware Wars" Fosselius

Blas Gallego

The Bay Area Ghostbusters

Juan Gimenez

Michael Golden

501st Golden Gate Garrison

Mick Gray

Davidson L. Haworth

Henry Hemp

Mario Hernandez

Francisco Herrera

Frank Hill

Lee Holley

Adam Hughes

Joe Jusko

Barbara Kesel

Rich Koslowski

Cobra 1st Legion

Steve Leialoha

Joe Linsner

John Livesay

Aaron Lopresti

Toshio Maeda

Steve Mannion

Chris Marrinan

Ted McKeever

Ken Meyer Jr

Danny Miki

Miss Misery

Anthony Misiano

Patrick Ian Moore

Chris Moreno

Bill Morrison

Alex Nino

Kevin Nowlan

James O'Barr

Dan O'Neill

Steve Oliff

Jason Palmer

Valerie Perez

Brandon Peterson

Kit Quinn

Humberto Ramos

Ted Richards

Riddle

Eduardo Risso

Tone Rodriguez

Stephane Roux

Sanjulian

Stuart Sayger

Liam Sharp

Bill Sienkiewicz

Jim Silke

Bruce Simon

Allison Sohn

Ryan Sook

Cat Staggs

John Stanley

Brian Stelfreeze

Strephon Taylor

Mark Texeira

Larry Todd

Herb Trimpe

Tim Vigil

Nate Watson

Joe Weems

Jane Wiedlin

David Williams

Renee Witterstaetter

Tom Wyrsch

Dean Yeagle

This show is shaping up to be awesome!

I will be taking lists for Tony Daniel, Humberto Ramos, Stuart Sayger, Aaron Lopresti and more for the show! Message me early to secure you spot.

Anyone heard from Jake lately? I have a few books I'd like to sub for this show but haven't heard from him.

Hey brotha been at the Vancouver fan expo till about 3 am when I got back last night from driving back!

Was an awesome show and next up we are heading to Calgary! Another long drive lol

I shot you an email just a bit ago brotha.

Everyone wanting to sub books for this show should be getting them ready to ship! Almost time as the show is around 3 weeks away.

I will be announcing the official sketch lists in the SS room tonight so look for those!

Deadline for submissions is approaching!

Some great signing opportunities at BigWow are:

J Scott Campbell

Art Adams

Brandon Peterson

Tim Bradstreet

Frank Cho

Tony Daniel

Russ Heath!

Joe Jusko

Humberto Ramos

And more!