• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jamie's London Super Comic Convention Thread!

557 posts in this topic

By the long report 2 things jogged my memory, how much I hate Chapter 12 and the way Scotts Collectables staff was going around with customers books, the handling was very poor, I could see the comics dropping grades everything he moved as they just flapped around in the staff's hand, just no care for them at all

Wow, I gues you can't please some people.

No one could have predicted the demand for Dan Slott. The show didn't make any provision for line control on the Saturday. On Sunday, there were separate lines for Slott, Granov and Turini.

Don't forget, the show didn't bring these guests in, we did and we didn't make any rules that people had to buy a single thing from us to get a sig.

ALL our books were alphabetised, separated by publisher and bagged and boarded.

We also had piles of stock and specially marked boxes with stock to get signed.

As for slagging off other sellers, if we didn't have what was asked for we would send people over to Comicana for back issues or A place in space (our biggest competitor by the way ) for moderns. We know Comicana did the same for us.

A lot of work goes into putting on this show. It's much easier to sit on the sidelines after the event and pick flaws.

11) Sacha and Ian Churchill were fantastic to talk to! No doubt I hovered around their stall far too much and chatted away but they were genuinely a pleasure to meet and even though Ian was too back-logged to take more sketch commissions :( he still drew a quick Marineman sketch inside the trade for me and seemed genuinely pleased that my first piece of OA was one of his pages and he personalised it (never going to be resold). They were giving away free issues of Marineman to children and adults too, they really had a good attitude with children especially.

Yes they really were awesome and very friendly. I only spoke to a few of the creators but Sacha and Ian were both really down to earth unlike some of the other guys. I was a fan of his work before but having met him now i'm an even bigger fan and will out for look for more of his work.

Was also told Dan Slott was also a real gentleman but didn't fancy the ques.

What a weekend!

What seemed like an age to come around the LSCC came and went in a blink of an eye. I’m currently at work nursing a cold that some geek gave to me, I feel like hammered mess.

I definitely thought the organisers did a stellar job, they looked at last year and said “how can we improve it?” and they did. More space, bigger gangways, all space utilised well. I didn’t think there was anything they could have done to make the show work more well.

I spent most of the weekend at the Comicana booth doing my best to sell comics. The guy that said about nothing being in order and people slagging off over sellers obviously didn’t come to Comicana.

I was attentive to every customer that needed help and if we didn’t have it I pointed them in the direction of someone who might. If we didn’t have that Silver or Bronze age book then Bob Storms might have it, anyone asking for Moderns I sent to Whizzer at Ltd Edition, I know he did the same as a guy came over saying Phil pointed him in our direction, he ended up buying about 15 books. Those were 15 books I personally picked out myself, instead of letting him try to find and flick through I did that for him while he rattled off issues & numbers, I don’t think you can beat that type of customer service.

We had a couple of time wasters but generally I thought sales were good. What was also good for me to see was a few 10-12 year old kids repeatedly coming back to our stall to pick up some cheap Bronze age Marvels. One kid in particular who kept bringing his dad back so he could pick up late 70s Iron Mans.

It was great meeting everyone including the U.S. boardies that came over.

My thanks to the Comicana Girls for doing the coffee run.

Most memorable things from the con…

1. The guy that sniffed the Wonder Woman comics…. lol

2. The guy that that tripped and did the Superman over the floor as he ran for J. Scott Campbell.

3. Paul getting his book signed by Brian Boland. (sorry)

4. And just the general banter and good times.

Can’t wait for next years!

Feb2610.jpg

Picked this up for £1000/$1500 :banana:

That makes 4 I have - I may have a problem hm

Was that the one I saw? Great pick up.

Might have been - it was at Scott's Collectables for £1200 and I offered £1000 and they took it.

Feb2610.jpg

Picked this up for £1000/$1500 :banana:

That makes 4 I have - I may have a problem hm

Was that the one I saw? Great pick up.

Might have been - it was at Scott's Collectables for £1200 and I offered £1000 and they took it.

Yeah that was the one. I couldn't work out if it was £1200 or £2200 and I couldn't be bothered to ask them to take it of the wall to check. Good buy (thumbs u

My quick review of the weekend:

To be honest I couldn't have been much happier with the way the weekend went, As for the show itself I thought it was fantastic the guest list was very deep in quality especially if your main aim was getting sketches :hi: , The organisation was spot on, The floor plan was well laid out and the management of the queues was well done (J. Scott Campbell's mainly down to Gary's wife :grin: )

To all the boardies I met for the first time it was great to meet you and put faces to names :hi:

To all guy's I'd met before it was great seeing you all again, Shame I didn't get to talk to some of you for longer.

Gary (gaz2810i) seemed to running around constantly all weekend, Thanks for your efforts in helping put on a great weekend and I'm glad we got to catch up on Sunday night (Even if that ended up being a bit hectic doh! )

To the two guys I spent most of the weekend with Paul (Stryfe1000) & Darren (Arsenalherd) thanks for keeping me company, You couldn't wish for better drinking partners (worship)

Roll on LSCC 2014, I'm already counting the days...

Gary (gaz2810i) seemed to running around constantly all weekend, Thanks for your efforts in helping put on a great weekend and I'm glad we got to catch up on Sunday night (Even if that ended up being a bit hectic doh! )

I've still to stop :eek:

Off to meet Nick now to help out and pick up a bunch of stuff he took for me as well as check out Jamies spoils :)

I had an awesome weekend, that despite being frantic was highly enjoyable, with some great memories. The creators were awesome, had an excellent time meeting up with all you guys while meeting new friends and new acquaintances.

Whizzer, Bane, just to clear any confusion, I wasn't having a go at either of your stalls :foryou: and didn't mean everyone didn't have alphabetised stock etc... The sellers who had unsorted stock I've never seen or heard of before. I'm not sure if they have a shop or are online, I didn't catch their name and they certainly didn't have their own designed t-shirts (thumbs u and I actually did buy from your stall Whizzer :)

You guys are always enthusiastic and I sorted out a few wants there and then. I've purchased from Ltd comix in the past and was one of my first stops. I obviously missed the section that was marked to get signed though doh!

Credit to you guys bringing in the guests and for having a great Superior cover. I couldn't see a separate queue for Marco otherwise I'd have joined. All I could see was this massive snake of a queue that was being marshalled by the show staff on the Saturday.

And Bane, I didn't buy from your stall but did have a browse and again no issues. You guys had a lot of CGC stock and silver/bronze age that I looked through but I was just after a particular graded modern that's all. I was actually directed to go to your stall but I can't remember who recommended you, just that it was another CGC seller nearby.

Don't take everything to heart guys, this was my experience and some random thoughts, hope its clear that I meant no harm, my apologies if I caused offence :luhv: