• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jamie's London Super Comic Convention Thread!

557 posts in this topic

Just joined up to say a huge thank you to songs about clouds, the laughing m4n, and stryfe (I think) for sorting out j Scott Campbell goodies and signs for me while my little boy was being born this weekend. If anyone else was involved please accept my thanks too!

Really was the icing on a fantastic cake of a weekend, and I am really impressed that people went to any trouble at all for a complete stranger.

Much appreciated, baby Nathan is guaranteed to be a big Campbell fan, because he has no real choice... :-)

WTTB Ian,

Don't sell yourself short, Ian

DOES THIS !!!

Guess which boardie promised to start being nicer?

I promise to be nicer and much more talkative.

:hi: Paul, I miss you from the general chat thread, you were the only one up as late as me.

I hope you are okay :foryou:

:hi:

I'll send a PM. Still recovering from the con.

Should be back in the next, rebooted chat thread. (thumbs u

It wasn't you mate - you were my northern soul brother. :hi:

That's nice to know. Cheers, mate !! :)

:hi: Paul, I miss you from the general chat thread, you were the only one up as late as me.

I hope you are okay :foryou:

I'll send a PM. Still recovering from the con.

Should be back in the next, rebooted chat thread. (thumbs u

Will be good to have you back Paul (thumbs u

Hey guys,

Just read through the report from start to finish for the first now since it being a week since the con. If you don't know I'm the jamie by the way and still very gutted that I missed the event stuck in hospital trying to fight another chest infection brought on by having terminal brain cancer. I'd been fighting so hard to keep alive and use this as a reward for staying alive and going through chemotherapy for a second time. As you can imagine after getting through the chemo and thinking I would make the con to have snatched away at the last min was a real gutting blow, hey I'm thankful I'm still alive but when going through this sort of fight you just need some small rewards for keeping up the fight.

Well anyway I have the next best thing and that are a bunch of countless boardies who spent the con running around making sure I still didn't miss out on getting lots of con swag and I can't begin to thank you enough. It truly is amazing what you guys did for me and really goes a long way for not being there myself thank you :foryou: Iv sent lots pm's out but realise there's people who helped I didn't even realise had and I didn't want to miss thanking you as well, especially all my American friends. So one more time thank you so much, I'm still fighting the infection but am looking forward to getting the goodies and hoping I can beat this infection soon.

Well take care guys here's to an amazing bunch of people :applause:

hey I'm thankful I'm still alive but when going through this sort of fight you just need some small rewards for keeping up the fight.

How does us visiting you w/c 11th fit in with the 'rewards' concept?

I mean, I don't even want to be visited by me. :/

Hi Sean :hi: were you at the con? Someone else I'm gutted I didn't get to meet if you were, hope your ok buddy (thumbs u

Nick, you know that the meet up on weds 13th makes it all worth while, I'm really looking forward to it and I'm going to be doing my very best possible to stay healthy and be here not in hospital or worse. Ill be damned if this bloody illness will keep getting in the way of my already minuscule social life (thumbs u

Hi Sean :hi: were you at the con? Someone else I'm gutted I didn't get to meet if you were, hope your ok buddy (thumbs u

Nick, you know that the meet up on weds 13th makes it all worth while, I'm really looking forward to it and I'm going to be doing my very best possible to stay healthy and be here not in hospital or worse. Ill be damned if this bloody illness will keep getting in the way of my already minuscule social life (thumbs u

No, I didn't get to go, but I had some comics that were there, and I was educated as to the contents of a proper English breakfast! Keep fighting, brother.

If anyone has anymore pics by the way would still love to see them (thumbs u

I think that Andrew will have some kind of video if he ever gets to edit it. :hi:

I mean, I don't even want to be visited by me. :/

You're selling yourself short. I wish we had been able to spend more time together.

What - and drag yourself away from me?

If anyone has anymore pics by the way would still love to see them (thumbs u

I think that Andrew will have some kind of video if he ever gets to edit it. :hi:

I suspect he thinks he's Ridley Scott. :/

hm Should I leave the clips of you in...or not?

On my way for a full English breakfast and then the train!

Right, so tea and biscuits then.

For those in the Commonwealth an English breakfast is this:

82ddc8650162971f96833ea03bdb13d5_zpsb87ca231.jpg

Can't be beat!

:takeit: if it comes with a pint of bourbon and a side of flapjacks.....GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u