• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

digital comics sticker and grading issues

5 posts in this topic

I was chatting with bffnut about CGC's indifference with regard to digital comics stickers and their effect on grading.

I made the case that taking off the sticker is analogous to cutting out the mail-in coupons in older books, the only difference being that there is no missing storyline when you peel off the digital code sticker.

So, what do you think? Have any of you had any experiences that contradict this (turning in books for grading that do not have the sticker and getting dinged for it on the grade)? Anyone have a strong case for the sticker being missing and it not affecting the grade?

I was chatting with bffnut about CGC's indifference with regard to digital comics stickers and their effect on grading.

I made the case that taking off the sticker is analogous to cutting out the mail-in coupons in older books, the only difference being that there is no missing storyline when you peel off the digital code sticker.

So, what do you think? Have any of you had any experiences that contradict this (turning in books for grading that do not have the sticker and getting dinged for it on the grade)? Anyone have a strong case for the sticker being missing for not affecting the grade?

This will answer some of your question

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6176740#Post6176740

So, what do you think? Have any of you had any experiences that contradict this (turning in books for grading that do not have the sticker and getting dinged for it on the grade)? Anyone have a strong case for the sticker being missing and it not affecting the grade?

doh!

Didn't someone say you can just shine a flashlight through the sticker and get the code?