• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What I've learned thus far posted by Rulkfan100

19 posts in this topic

I like to write and I hope others will read this

So far my experince on the Collecters Society chat boards has been a pleasant one, the one post where I asked for my fellow collecters opinions is already up to three pages!!! I went to the Comic preservation forum and learned those ultra pro boards I've been using in the long run will hurt my comics "oh " so Im looking into E-Gerber for my bad/board solution. On my days off I'll be taking all my backing boards out. I've also seen by the registry sets that I might have a chance to compete with my favorite female character. Come payday I'll be buying my first slabbed comics on Ebay and I've check all the numbers their legit.

See more journals by Rulkfan100

I think the best advice folks on here have given me was to collect, what I like the inhernet problem with that is I like characters. But since 2011 when I got back into comics I find my taste becoming more refined down too just two particular characters.

1. Hailing from the Marvel Universe ( the baddest babe in the Universe She-Hulk)

2. Hailing from the DCU, Red Lanterns

My adventure thus far in collecting these characters has been exciting and rewarding.

I own Savage She-Hulk: 1,3 & 25, as for R.L. I've been blessed in owning a SS 9.8 G.L. #25 first mention of the other corps & a SS 9.8 G.L. #38.

I wish all collecters who read this post good collecting in your particular corners of comic books.

Have a Blessed day.

Buying Mylites from Italy is pretty expensive (I managed to buy them in the UK), so I am a bit envious of you US collectors, since I’d like to buy different formats, and especially backing boards, which are very expensive to ship.

Since you like the Red Lanterns, have you ever read Steve Englehart’s run on the Green Lantern Corps from the late 1980s? I am not a DC fan but those are very solid stories, and I think Geoff Jones owes quite a debt to those when he started writing his own Lantern books. I don’t like at all the concept he added to "explain" the various lights, they are pretty inconsistent, but again, Jones grew up reading in the worst possible period for comics.