• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone ever have their comics hardbound?

12 posts in this topic

Wonderful thing about modern books is that you can enjoy them at face value without having to worry about destroying any "investment value".

Over the last year or so I've picked up a bunch of books, primarily Paul Dini's run in Detective Comics and were thinking of having these issues hardbound for easier reading and handling. I did some Googling and found a couple of places, but I really don't know much about the practice. Has anyone gone through this that they can lend some advice?

Also, when I was a kid in the late '70s, I recall buying some "binders" from an ad in the comics that was meant for home binding books into a plastic cover using strings or fish line. It was cheesy, but it worked. I used to bind up to a dozen or so books into one volume that you could actually open and read. As tacky as this was, it also allowed you to remove the comics intact if you wanted to take them out again. Does anyone remember these and whether they are still made any more? Thx.

Paul Dini's Batman = It don' get much betta than that yo!

Even though his entire run was basically one-shots or two-parters they were simply outstanding.

The Christmas special when Joker kidnaps Robin... then goes through a drivethrough and shoots the worker... man that was gold. This issue has now become a staple at Christmas time for me and my kids to come!

Even though his entire run was basically one-shots or two-parters they were simply outstanding.

The Christmas special when Joker kidnaps Robin... then goes through a drivethrough and shoots the worker... man that was gold. This issue has now become a staple at Christmas time for me and my kids to come!

is that the book thats collected as "Detective"? it's pretty hard to find in trade

this is an awesome cover though

detective-comics-826.jpg

is that the book thats collected as "Detective"? it's pretty hard to find in trade

this is an awesome cover though

detective-comics-826.jpg

That's the one!

:cloud9:

Some of mine...

yfETAsb.jpg

I love the DJ to those Batman Animated volumes. I have been thinking about binding all my DC animated issues as most of them wouldn't have much gutter loss considering the lays outs.

I wonder if those binders are OK. I guess for readers who cares.