• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Astonishing X-Men #4 Variant...anyone seen the cover?

70 posts in this topic

Anyone seen the cover of which this quote speaks of? I'd like to know what's up...

FROM MILLARWORLD BOARD

------------------------------------------------------------

Ryan Higgins Aug 10 2004, 03:46 PM

Marvel Comics has announced that, in order to make its eagerly awaited Astonishing X-Men #4 (JUN041595D) an even bigger hit, the book -- which is scheduled to arrive in stores on August 25 -- will now ship with a special, all-new, 1:6 Variant Cover (JUL046018D) by superstar artist John Cassaday!

This variant cover is available on a first-come, first-serve basis, and retailers may only order one copy of the variant for every six copies ordered of the regular edition. (For example, if you ordered 600 copies of the regular edition, you are eligible to order 100 copies of the variant.)

Furthermore, Marvel has revealed that the surprise ending to issue #4 is foreshadowed only on the variant cover, making one of the industry's best titles even hotter! Marvel also anticipates that the regular edition was under-ordered, and that consumer demand will outstrip the supply. The addition of this "11th hour" variant edition will make additional copies available for retailers to offer to offer to eager collectors.

The variant cover is scheduled to arrive in stores on August 25, and allocations may occur due to the limited quantity available.

The variant cover shows the returning X-Man, back from the dead, who will be joining the team.

I have not seen the cover but a shot of the last page to #4, it shows a startled Kitty Pryde and behind her... well, that would be telling.

It's not Phoenix.

K

The variant cover shows the returning X-Man, back from the dead, who will be joining the team.

I have not seen the cover but a shot of the last page to #4, it shows a startled Kitty Pryde and behind her... well, that would be telling.

It's not Phoenix.

K

I know you cant tell us But I found out who it is!

I got links

It's not Phoenix.

I can't tell you how happy that makes me. Of course, who it is could still annoy and or confuse me (if it's someone introduced in the last 15 years), but at least it's not Phoenix.

I can't tell you how happy that makes me. Of course, who it is could still annoy and or confuse me (if it's someone introduced in the last 15 years), but at least it's not Phoenix.

Of course its not Phoenix, Rob! For that you have to wait until February! Betcha can't wait, right? 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16627

Of course its not Phoenix, Rob! For that you have to wait until February! Betcha can't wait, right? 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16627

I saw that actually. insane.gif The good thing is, I can safely avoid that book as Cassaday isn't doing the art thumbsup2.gif

On the Marvel Website, they have a poll on who is going to return:

Which classic X-Men character do you think will make their triumphant return in Astonishing X-Men #4?

Phoenix

Magneto

Longshot

Psylocke

It's not Phoenix.

K

I know you cant tell us But I found out who it is!

I got links

You guys crack me up. You know why it's called the World Wide Web don't you? 27_laughing.gif