• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody Seen the New Mary Jane???

85 posts in this topic

I never liked Kirsten Dunst's acting as the character of Mary Jane. Then again, I didn't like Toby Maguire's acting in Spider-Man, either, so that may have skewed my opinion in general. Either way, Shailene Woodley is far more attractive than that picture makes her appear; not sure how much she looks like anyone's mental image of MJ, however.

I thought Toby was a great Peter, but a Spider-man. If that makes any sense.

My daughter actually suggested Taylor Swift. My eyes did an automatic eye roll at first, but after googling a few pics, she might have something there. Certainly the age is about right and there is a certain amount of sass to her appearance.

Of course, she probably can't act worth a mess and kill the franchise.

Nobody's posted a pic yet of this girl actually wearing makeup like Dunst is in the comparison pic? (tsk)

Dunst does look a bit better though--slightly better face, definitely a better body.

Shailene-shailene-woodley-6915271-636-951.jpg

My daughter actually suggested Taylor Swift. My eyes did an automatic eye roll at first, but after googling a few pics, she might have something there. Certainly the age is about right and there is a certain amount of sass to her appearance.

So you're saying you like Taylor Swifts' saas?

So you're saying you like Taylor Swifts' saas?

Main problem with both Swift and this new girl is neither is curvy. Swift is also super-tall at 6 feet, same height as Garfield is. Mary Jane was curvy right from the start--although I suppose Romita never drew a woman who WASN'T curvy. :blush:

ASM_LastPage_042_web-copy.jpg

Awesome, an MJ that dates Spidey for two weeks, breaks up with him, then writes a song about it and goes on Inside Edition.

Well, that'd make for quite a plot twist, anyway.