• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody Seen the New Mary Jane???

85 posts in this topic

OK, how about this...

Yikes! It's MJ's grandmother! :devil:

Hence my original comment.... :makepoint:

If Christina could pass for younger, I think she would be a nice fit.

She'll be a perfect MJ if they do a Spidey 2099 movie :baiting:

Shailene Woodley was terrific as George Clooney's characters' daughter in The Descendents. For this ASM pic, I'd be much more worried about a lame plot, ridiculous dialog, bad representations of the characters, and obviously fake CGI.

Shailene Woodley was terrific as George Clooney's characters' daughter in The Descendents. For this ASM pic, I'd be much more worried about a lame plot, ridiculous dialog, bad representations of the characters, and obviously fake CGI.

Business as usual, then.

Well, the problem is, I've never seen ANY woman who can pull off the classic "Face it Tiger, you hit the jackpot!" look from the original Romita drawing in Spidey 42.

A wonderful combination of looks, attitude, sassiness and mischief all combined into a simple line drawing. That panel is genius, and no one I can think of in real life has ever pulled off the equal, IMO.

Part of the problem is the Mary Jane's of the movie's are high school age when introduced ( in theory anyway), whereas Romita's MJ was clearly a grown woman even if she's only supposed to 18 or 19 in her first appearance. Ironically, I always thought Bryce Dallas Howard looked more like a Mary Jane than a Gwen Stacy.

Of course if she hadn't imploded and started looking older than she is, Lindsey Lohan could have been the perfect MJ.