• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo, April 26-28, 2013

186 posts in this topic

Similiar guest list to Seattle's Emerald City con but new, improved with BBC's Dr Who & Torchwood cast, Stan Lee, etc. :applause:

These guys know how to build a convention. It's been growing at an incredible rate. Doesn't hurt that Calgary is a growing city close to the Rocky Mountains and the economy is vibrant.

Starting to wish I was going to Calgary instead of Chicago.

If you ever come to the Calgary show we'll show you a good time. :angel:

I am considering a Canadian tour in 2014. I'd really like to support all the Canadian shows. Any cons out that way in the last half of the year?

I am considering a Canadian tour in 2014. I'd really like to support all the Canadian shows. Any cons out that way in the last half of the year?

There's the Edmonton Comic Expo. Last year the Calgary Comic Expo group joined up with the Edmonton Toy and Comic Expo to put this together. I believe attendance was around 16k. If it grows like the Calgary show it should almost rival the Calgary show in a few years.

http://edmontonexpo.com/

There is also a Vancouver show but I haven't checked it out.

http://www.fanexpovancouver.com/

I believe Calgary's the biggest and best in Western Canada. If you do go try to make time to visit Banff and the Rocky Mountains. Well worth it.

There's the Edmonton Comic Expo. Last year the Calgary Comic Expo group joined up with the Edmonton Toy and Comic Expo to put this together. I believe attendance was around 16k. If it grows like the Calgary show it should almost rival the Calgary show in a few years.

I believe Calgary's the biggest and best in Western Canada. If you do go try to make time to visit Banff and the Rocky Mountains. Well worth it.

Agree

Come on up to to friendly west

Agree

Come on up to to friendly west

See you in Calgary in a few weeks Randy. Gonna join us for dinner and drinks?

September is a great time to hit Alberta:

Edmonton Pop Culture September

Calgary Red and White September 16th

Edmonton Expo Oct 3rd-4th

Calgary Red and White isn't really worth coming out for.

Edmonton Expo was pretty good last year, great for a first year so. I am interested to see what it's like this year.

Montreal Comic Con in mid-september.

Edmonton Expo was pretty good last year, great for a first year so. I am interested to see what it's like this year.

Agreed.

Red and White is a well run small show with only regional dealers and no real guests. Worth driving across town but not much further.

Edmonton Expo is a regional show that's growing into a large show. It'll be a 3 day show with 40k plus attendance soon.

Red and White is one of my favorite shows, but I am speaking as a vendor.

[

Agreed.

Red and White is a well run small show with only regional dealers and no real guests. Worth driving across town but not much further.

Edmonton Expo is a regional show that's growing into a large show. It'll be a 3 day show with 40k plus attendance soon.

I am very curious what Edmonton will be like this year, since it won't be put together in 5 (or there about) months. It will be a good indicator of how fast they plan on growing it.

Calgary this year should be awesome. Once I know what the booth number is I am helping at, I'll post it here, and hopefully see some of you at the show.

I prefer they way they handled the special guests last year compared to previous. I didn't like having that giant line up to see Leonard Nimoy in 2011 going in front of our booth all day on the Saturday. Killed sales.

2012 was better handled for that. Now if they can address the fire marshall. :)

Karl,

apparently 3 day passes and saturday passes are sold out already.

Looking good for another amazing weekend