• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Wake by Scott Snyder

380 posts in this topic

He's had the golden touch and knows how to write horror. That mixed with Sean Murphy's art makes this a must-read for me. Should be great, plus it's going to be a bit longer than Severed was as I understand (12 issues I think?) (thumbs u

Vertigo Announces THE WAKE, A new series by Scott Snyder and Sean Murphy

Fri, 10/12/2012 - 11:29am

Author: Pamela Mullin

New York Times bestselling author, Scott Snyder (American Vampire, Batman, Swamp Thing) and artist Sean Murphy (Punk Rock Jesus, Joe The Barbarian), the incredible team behind the miniseries AMERICAN VAMPIRE: Survival of the Fittest, are reuniting for a new limited series in 2013: THE WAKE.

Beneath the surface, set amidst the claustrophobic yet beautiful and sweeping ocean-scapes, a discovery is made that will reveal a secret mythology. Full of suspense and horror, THE WAKE is an underwater sci-fi epic like none other.

"I couldn't be more excited about The Wake!” said Snyder about this new comic book series. “This is a story Sean and I have actually been developing together for more than a year, a big, twisted, sprawling science fiction and horror epic, all of which begins with a single, terrifying discovery at the bottom of the ocean. It's one of the most ambitious stories I've ever done, and there's no one I'd rather be creating it with than Sean Murphy. Sean's a great friend and we had a blast together on AMERICAN VAMPIRE: Survival of the Fittest; luckily, he's also one of the industry's brightest new stars, someone with unrivaled abilities as a world-builder—every scene he draws is so fully realized, so richly imagined, it's hugely inspiring working with him, and I'm grateful to him for signing on to be my partner at the end of the world, here."

The adventure begins in 2013!

People better hope his work stays top notch. He will over extend himself at this pace. I mentioned before he is carrying DC on his back. Batman, Swamp Thing, Man of Steel, Talon and now this. Its only a matter of time before Image gets him.

Yep, and he's only really 'consulting' on Talon with James Tynion doing most of the heavy lifting (one of Snyder's former students).

He's organized it pretty well -- he's just doing Man of Steel, Batman and the Wake this year and when the Wake is over he'll go back to American Vampire. So I don't think he's extending himself at all -- DC better hope they don't lose him though :)

You guys serious - The Vault (a comparison stated above) has bombed even with Depp buying the film rights - and Murphys 'Punk Rock Jesus' was hailed as the best thing since sliced bread - except it didn't sell, either on the first or second markets.

Buyer beware!

2c