• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Wake by Scott Snyder

380 posts in this topic

Dont worry, DC wont let him do anything too drastic with superman

That's what they said about Marvel, Dan Slott and Spider Man. :baiting:

Superior has been killing it! One of my favourites right now!

I think I'm the only one which didn't find this to be all that story wise :shy: I know two of my friends who only read digitally and in trade format have been really looking forward to this.

I'll read it again to see if it grows on me enough to buy the next issue or just wait for the trade.

i can pick up a variant for 20 bucks. yay or nay?? i read it and it was pretty good. i love the art..

The art didnt impress me, but it fits the story well which helps immensely. Issue 2 and 3 will really help to show where this story is going. Currently it reminds of the Vault from a couple of years ago.

I have to spend my comic money wisely right now. I would love to pick this up but alas, I think I'll just get the hopefully HC edition. I did the same with Severed. I missed a few issues so I just read the HC, and loved it.

I really liked it to, but am going to trade wait. 10 issues at £2.20 an issue, or spend less than a tenner on the trade and get to enjoy it all in one go - I know what I'm doing.

I'd like to read this as well, and for a mini this is exactly my philosophy too.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/06/05/x-men-and-the-wake-top-the-advance-reorders-chart/

Big numbers for #2. I couldn't imagine waiting almost a year for the trade.

It's great that you're that gripped. I am too with some books, but if I bought everything I was interested in monthly, it would become unaffordable pretty quickly. There's so much good stuff out there that I'm trade waiting on, and good trades coming out all the time, that I don't think I'll find it too hard!

The story looks like it could be interesting and I look forward to reading it in one go. Course, if it goes downhill then I've saved myself some time and money too!