• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Burned

45 posts in this topic

It wasn't me either. I stand behind my mystery boxes to the point where a buyer may return it, but they pay return postage.

Lets face it, mystery boxes are a gamble. Some will be nice, some not so great. Buying one entails some risk. Buy one from me and the extent of your risk is being out of pocket for the return, but your upside is considerable.

I think the biggest problem is, if you think you are going to strike some type of gold mine, you are going to be disappointed. If you go into it willing to buy at the listed price, then don't expect more out of it than the price you paid. You may not like the contents, but as long as the value exceeds what you paid, you haven't been "burned". doh!

And aren't the Midnight Sons black cover "blanks" still sought out if they are somewhat high grade?

I get the inherent risk involved, that's really not the issue at hand.

But a major selling point that sold me was a very rare blank DC title.

This is not a blank title. This is what bummed me out.

82C77DD0-2D7E-4BEC-BC2C-1635A9816055-2934-0000033FDACF7DAC_zps35f239e0.jpg

But as stated, lesson learned. Win some, loose some. I lost this round.

BLANK Mystery Box $35

12 (at least 8 unique) Blank cover comics NM/NM+ or higher , and one secret super rare blank that you've never seen before. Some older, some newer, some Marvel, Some DC. I was trying to hoard these but I can only afford like 3 sketches a year.

Please buy these. I'll even throw in a few bonus comics.

then....

Don't u want know what the secret dc blank is?

There are Zero cgc ss for that comic. It's not zero hour

Looks like the seller followed thru on meeting the majority of the conditions of the sale.

There are 4 newer Marvel sketch blanks, another Marvel faux-blank (not an official blank but one with plenty of white for a sketch) and 6 old black "blanks" from the Midnight Massacre event that are used by people to get sketches.

I'd think your only real issue where he didnt meet the conditions was the "rough condition" of the Superman 100, since he said they were all NM/MT+.

There are no Superman 100s on the SS census, so it would be rare if it were sketched/signed. Im not sure that the 100 itself is rare.

Since there were no DC blanks before the recent onslaught of blanks, what were you expecting the payoff to be? The new ones arent rare, so it must have been the older faux-blanks right?

You got some marvel, some DC, some old, some new, and one that's never been SSed before. It might not have met your expectations, but were your expectations reasonable? (I'd really be curious to know what you were hoping for, just as a comparison point).

Mystery boxes.

Pretty self-explanatory if you ask me.

You might score. You might not. It's a mystery.

Agreed.

Does anyone buying a mystery box actually think they're going to score huge?

At least one person does.