• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My eBay story.

127 posts in this topic

Sold a $500 book on eBay to a chap in Wales.

Got this from him this morning:

Hi

Any idea when this might arrive with me?

Thanks

My reply:

Good morning,

The tracking is LK098988056US & is from 2/18. However, both eBay & USPS online show no information & in fact don't indicate that the item was accepted yet. This is alarming as, while I no longer have a specific recollection of delivering the item to the PO, I have no doubt that I did as there's nothing else I would have done with it. I follow precise routines & protocols when shipping. I am concerned. However, 10 days isn't terribly long for 1st Class to the UK from the US. If the item doesn't arrive, I will refund your money in FULL. NO questions asked. Please let me know when you think the time has arrived for a refund. I'll leave it entirely to your discretion as I take full responsibility for all shipments. I'm sorry for this worry. It is an expensive book. Thank you for your forbearance & professionalism. I will check with my PO in person this morning (as opposed to online only as I just did) & will let you know. I am very sorry, again. Thank you, Bill

Hi

Thanks

My reply:

Good morning,

The tracking is LK098988056US & is from 2/18. However, both eBay & USPS online show no information & in fact don't indicate that the item was accepted yet. This is alarming as, while I no longer have a specific recollection of delivering the item to the PO, I have no doubt that I did as there's nothing else I would have done with it. I follow precise routines & protocols when shipping. I am concerned. However, 10 days isn't terribly long for 1st Class to the UK from the US. If the item doesn't arrive, I will refund your money in FULL. NO questions asked. Please let me know when you think the time has arrived for a refund. I'll leave it entirely to your discretion as I take full responsibility for all shipments. I'm sorry for this worry. It is an expensive book. Thank you for your forbearance & professionalism. I will check with my PO in person this morning (as opposed to online only as I just did) & will let you know. I am very sorry, again. Thank you, Bill

Now that is service!! I hope the book arrives fine.

Very nice and stand up of you Bill!

I'm impressed :applause:

+1

Sucks but hopefully either he will receive it or you will find it unsent at your place somehow. at least shows what a standup seller you are compared to a lot of ebayers :applause:

Hi

Thanks

My reply:

Good morning,

:applause:

You can lose books for me any time! (thumbs u

Hi

Thanks

My reply:

Good morning,

Can we post titty pictures yet?

a few hundred bucks isn't going to make or break me.

Sigline material right there...baller.

money-shower_zpse860825c.jpg

It's my understanding that international shipping can only track up to when the other country accepts it, not delivery, is that right? I've shipped to Ireland and that is how it went down, hope yours goes through.

USPS tracking will say "Delivered Abroad" after it has been delivered.

As far as Bill's package is concerned hm

I have noticed a significant drop in the information provided by USPS tracking since mid January (about the time of the rate increase). IIRC they used to provide more detailed information once delivered and now it is generic.

Worse yet, I have had several packages that tracking never updated from "Depart US Sort Facility" or some other step in the US chain, although I have already rec'd positive feedback. This rarely occurred in the past.