• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DAVE STEVENS appreciation

62 posts in this topic

thanks for the edumacation. I'm glad to hear Dave went to bat for her!

It was interesting. Many fans were really hapy about this because we all had no idea what happened to her! I believe to this day she may well be the most photographed pin-up of all time. Maybe, with the advent of cable and the - err - Anna Nicloe Smith show and Baywatch etc - - there may be more "frames" than she had - but for pure photographs I think she may well hold the record.

Hi guys,

Unfortunately, I don't know enough about the Stevens market to answer this accurately. Personally, I'd have no problem paying 5K+ for any of those covers, so my guess is that a true fan would pay even more than that (?6-8K) for a nice example.

If anyone is really interested, I could probably find out what his art has been going for.

Best,

Ehh...... the rocketeer stuff everyone has seen already... and the good girl covers are easier on the eyes devil.gif Anyone have a bettie page comics #1 scan handy?

Hi guys,

Unfortunately, I don't know enough about the Stevens market to answer this accurately. Personally, I'd have no problem paying 5K+ for any of those covers, so my guess is that a true fan would pay even more than that (?6-8K) for a nice example.

If anyone is really interested, I could probably find out what his art has been going for.

Best,

Please do find out. My wallet isn't screaming enough.

Hi guys,

Best,

Please do find out. My wallet isn't screaming enough.

Would this be expensive enough to cause the needed wallet pain?

Yeah, that's not my favorite piece either... I'm guessing the high price is due to the fact that it's painted and would therefore have taken a lot of the artist's time, but paradoxically his line art stuff looks better despite (what I'm assuming would be) a lower price..

Yeah, that's not my favorite piece either... I'm guessing the high price is due to the fact that it's painted and would therefore have taken a lot of the artist's time, but paradoxically his line art stuff looks better despite (what I'm assuming would be) a lower price..

I confess to being left cold by that particular piece. It reacts to me the same way the typical "made for tv movie" does. Has all the elements but danged if I can actually get a HANDLE on it for a time, place or mood.

Some of the comic covers posted earlier - gawd they are more modern in things like hair style etc but they just FEEL GA and you knwo wehn you see them there is an aesthetic place for them. And that they were done with consdieration and respect for the originals.

OK- that is sufficient.