• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is the Death in Batman inc #8 more important?

56 posts in this topic

@MrWeen

I think that the ending of DOTF was actually a perfect embodiment of everything Joker and Batman represent. Joker actually killing somebody is what everybody was predicting and since when is Joker predictable? Joker is suppose to be chaotic and illogical. I think that the Family's reaction to Bruce's secret was a bit much but I thought it was fitting that Bruce would have the secret to begin with. The whole bit about the joker giving two bits about who you really are was great, in my opinion because why would he care? I think Snyder has done an amazing job of rejuvenating the Batman line as opposed to revolutionizing it. It seems to make for much more enriching experience.

You make good points here but for me the ending fell flat. I wasn't hoping that the Joker would kill anyone or thing ( other than Batcow! ). I was hoping that the Joker would be killed. The character has run his course. Snyder had the perfect chance to tell the Joker's final story but instead he disappears into the bowels of the cave? Not good story telling if you ask me.

Also: I am wondering why Batman doesn't just create his own prison within the cave for a select few that are too dangerous to leave in Blackgate or the asylum.

The last few pages of 8 and most of the series has been 'choppy'. It's almost as if there are panels missing.

Yes, it was terrible. But so was the art. And the story. And the cover.

DC should have had Red Hood kill the Joker in DotF. That would have moved more books than this nonsense.

They really need to trim down these bat books in general, something titled Batman Inc. shouldn't even exist, let alone have lasted this long.

The last few pages of 8 and most of the series has been 'choppy'. It's almost as if there are panels missing. While I really hope D. comes back, I can't help but wonder if the Batman & Robin tittle is doomed.

I see Red Robin Going back to being regular Robin.

The last few pages of 8 and most of the series has been 'choppy'. It's almost as if there are panels missing. While I really hope D. comes back, I can't help but wonder if the Batman & Robin tittle is doomed.

I was wondering the same thing...Batman seemed to have teleported from one scene to the next.

Isn't Grant Morrison writing it?

What do you expect?

He's so choppy and incoherent it's painful to read. I can't stand that guy. Worst popular writer I've ever come across (and believe me, I've tried reading his All Star Superman to New Xmen to Batman stuff and I don't enjoy any of it). He speaks in friggin tongues.

I was wondering the same thing...Batman seemed to have teleported from one scene to the next.

What do you expect?

He's so choppy and incoherent it's painful to read. I can't stand that guy. Worst popular writer I've ever come across (and believe me, I've tried reading his All Star Superman to New Xmen to Batman stuff and I don't enjoy any of it). He speaks in friggin tongues.

lol I thought it was just me. When I got to that page I had to flip the back and forth a few times looking for the missing panels.

What do you expect?

lol I thought it was just me. When I got to that page I had to flip the back and forth a few times looking for the missing panels.

His stories abruptly end or are so asannine you think you're missing something (i.e. like the panels.)

He also wrote a long drawn out story that culminated with Simon Hurt falling on a, get this, BANANA PEEL!

1488719-dh_banana_peel_.png

He's the Rob Leifeld of writers. Utterly atrocious.