• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How would you do it....

2 posts in this topic

Get rid of 13,000 comics that is.I started collecting in 72 until 86. Then restarted in 90 to 96. I would like to sell them because I am looking to retire in a cuple of years. Most books are in good to fine shape but not all. More marvels than dc. I also have most of the image comics of the early 90s.Looking forward to your feedback.....ED

I would pick out every Marvel and DC key that you have(example - Marvel Spotlight 5, X-Men 94, Amazing Spiderman 238, X-Men 108, Huly 181, etc - don't know any DC keys really) and grade them.

If any of them are in really nice shape(near Mint or better) I would send them to cgc to have them graded. When they come back, I would either try to sell them here on these boards, and/or put them up on eBay.

As for the modern stuff and low-grade non-key stuff, I would put them up on ebay in fairly large lots and try to get something for them. For lower-grade keys, I would put them on eBay ungraded separately with a low starting price/reserve..

I think that would be the best way to optimize what you can get for your comics. Though there is a ton of time involved there since you have 13,000 plus comics to go through. But trust me, if you have a nice, high grade Hulk 181 that comes back from cgc 9.2 or higher - I'm sure you won't mind too much. smile.gif