• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is getting to 500 posts important?

73 posts in this topic

im counting down, but i have to take time to wonder, is it worth it? putting up with all the crazy people on these boards, while i myself help add to the madness that spreads with every post, every thread. :insane:

When you reach 500 posts it feels like a major achievement but, as with a year of life, as you post more and live longer, that quantity will begin to feel increasingly insignificant and fleeting when compared to the greater whole.

For the elite amongst us, such as Greggy, 500 posts is as meaningless as the lifespan of many subatomic particles, and who knows, one day you too might experience this same ennui?

um wats ennui?

im counting down, but i have to take time to wonder, is it worth it? putting up with all the crazy people on these boards, while i myself help add to the madness that spreads with every post, every thread. :insane:

When you reach 500 posts it feels like a major achievement but, as with a year of life, as you post more and live longer, that quantity will begin to feel increasingly insignificant and fleeting when compared to the greater whole.

For the elite amongst us, such as Greggy, 500 posts is as meaningless as the lifespan of many subatomic particles, and who knows, one day you too might experience this same ennui?

um wats ennui?

Boredom and inertia and whatever.

Was Greggy born with all those posts? Is he like Galactus? Does he devour other boardies post counts for nourishment? I rarely see him say anything - yet, he's got more than everyone combined.

Was Greggy born with all those posts? Is he like Galactus? Does he devour other boardies post counts for nourishment? I rarely see him say anything - yet, he's got more than everyone combined.

Not for long. There's a rather voluble and loquacious longhaired Canadian who's only 600 posts or so behind him and has been here for two years less. Mind you, you always see him say stuff. :eek:

Not for long. There's a rather voluble and loquacious longhaired Canadian who's only 600 posts or so behind him and has been here for two years less. Mind you, you always see him say stuff. :eek:

(shrug) Where is Roy today?

Let me find out for you. Just a sec.

Just a few more.

Just a few more.

One more ought to do it.

Just a few more.

One more ought to do it.

My 500th post. I've gotta say, I don't feel any different. Maybe I did it wrong. :smile:

In fact, I feel like I wasted my 497th, 498th, 499th, and 500th post.