• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whose got the best copy on the boards?

1,179 posts in this topic

This one is second to a 9.0

[font:Times New Roman]You have very good taste, sir. :applause:

BTW, I heard somewhere that the 9.0 you alluded to may have gotten a grade bump at some point, so technically there are several copies that could be described as best. Your 8.5 is a beauty. I know that I'm extremely happy with mine (kudos to my buddy Gator for coming through on this one).[/font] :cloud9:

ba7ed08a-6500-430e-be7e-d3687d2108e3_zps76b0af3d.jpg

Have to say, can take no credit for this, but you guys have made this thread one of the most exhilarating fun rides in a long time! Not done yet I hope, but props to everyone for contributing such a wonderful cornucopia of books.

I agree with the idea of trying to collate who has what, and will try to get round to this if no-one else wants to - just challenged for time a bit, and honestly fearing an overdose of golden age goodness if I do!

(Where is decepticon when you really need him?)

Really a great collection of high grade Golden Age books...never realized

how many were out there...only wish I had something in these grades to

contribute...keep it going!

mm

This one is second to a 9.0

[font:Times New Roman]You have very good taste, sir. :applause:

BTW, I heard somewhere that the 9.0 you alluded to may have gotten a grade bump at some point, so technically there are several copies that could be described as best. Your 8.5 is a beauty. [/font]

The 9.0 didn't get a CGC grade bump. It was originally an 8.5 PGX. Straight resub to The CGC. It is the Recil Macon copy, bought directly from Greg Buls at a Houston show in '91 or so. I picked it because it was one of the few Macon Timelys that did not have his name written on it anywhere. It is killer. I've never bothered to re-scan it, but I'll do so today...

ht5.jpg