• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whose got the best copy on the boards?

1,179 posts in this topic

Not sure if this is going to be of interest - we have a number of threads or "clubs" for specific sought after books and I for one would be curious to know who has copies of many given books, especially those we think are scarcer.

It isn't just about whose got the best one, but hopefully we will see nice examples, and incidentally learn who has the nicest. So I'd say, post your 6.0 even if someone posted a 9.6 before you!

I don't necessarily think this means we will see very high grade copies of every book - I have at least one that might be the highest owned by a boardie and it's only a 5.0 - but if someone out there happens to have the Church copy of Catman #15, bring it on! In fact if anyone out there has a copy in any grade I know at least one geek who'd like to know!

Anyway, I'll kick us off with a few scarcer books, see what happens. Feel free to post anything at all. Follow your own leads. Here goes...

Let's start with this one. Really like this cover. Scarce title, scarce, perhaps rare, issue. Never thought I'd see one, then this copy popped up one day on Ebay. Anyone have any other early issues? - they have great covers! Calling jbcomicbox! (I know you can top this one Jon.)

FourFavorites5CGC85OW.jpg

Without wishing to appear arrogant, I`d be impressed if someone out there had a better copy of these books (and I don`t just mean the CGC grade).

master22.jpg

Ibis1.jpg

CaptMarvelJr2.jpg

LoneRanger9.jpg

FC161.jpg

Without wishing to appear arrogant, I`d be impressed if someone out there had a better copy of these books (and I don`t just mean the CGC grade).

master22.jpg

Ibis1.jpg

CaptMarvelJr2.jpg

LoneRanger9.jpg

FC161.jpg

Even with access to a time machine I'm not sure any of those copies could be bested.

I`d be impressed if someone out there had a better copy...

master22.jpg

You will not be impressed. That book is simply unsurpassed (worship)

I`d be impressed if someone out there had a better copy...

master22.jpg

You will not be impressed. That book is simply unsurpassed (worship)

Church at its Churchiest.

A scan couldn't possibly do it justice. One of the great things about Fawcetts from that time period is the super glossy, thick cover stock. They held color really well. That copy has got to have color just dripping off of it. It would be so cool to see it in person, up close.