• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toughest Silver Age KEY DCs to find in high grade

66 posts in this topic

Just a note, whenever I get Actions in the 160-200 range, they sell every time at multiples of Guide, even the lower grade ones, especially earlier issues.

Good to know. They just aren't Silver Age foreheadslap.gif

I think an easier thread topic would be "What pre-1964 SA key DCs are EASY to find in high grade?"

Off the top of my head, I can think of: JLA 9, B&B 34 and Showcase 38. And "easy" is used in a very relative sense.

and may not see the light of CGC for quite a long time. I picked this up on ebay back when I first joined almost 6 years ago. Sorry I don't know how to post the pic here, but at least I can add an image

584434-detec225.jpg

back about ten years when Showcase 4 and Tec 225 were duking it out for first SA book there was a copy of Tec 225 at nearly every dealers booth at conventions. Not too many would score 9.0 + today, but I saw a lot more of them then than I do today.

584451-bb25.jpg

i've probably only seen that cover once before. i would agree that this book in HG is HTF!!! sumo.gif

Yup, hard to find, but as a lover of SA DC I'd actually have to rank Suicide Squad at the bottom of the pile of desirable books. Strangely though, I still desire a copy for my own collection. confused.gif

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned this on any thread yet. A (minor) key DC for 1961 in NM+ 893whatthe.gif surely books like this aren't supposed to exist?

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned this on any thread yet. A (minor) key DC for 1961 in NM+ 893whatthe.gif surely books like this aren't supposed to exist?

Holy 893censored-thumb.gif ! A 10 cent DC superhero book in 9.6 is just amazing. White pages to boot. The next highest CGC grade is an 8.5. That 9.6 is a stone-cold freak!