• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tampa Comic Book Stores

39 posts in this topic

Travelling up to St Petersburg, All Children's Hospital - any comic shops nearby?

St. Pete is pretty close to the shop in Seminole that everyone in this thread keeps talking about.

I can't believe how many people here are into RMC. I liked that place, but 3/4 of the reason I want to go to a comic shop is to see old stuff.

EDIT: Just looked up the place in Seminole. I've never ventured past Seminole and Park but I might have to check it out if I end up over there during my Spring Break.

Travelling up to St Petersburg, All Children's Hospital - any comic shops nearby?

St. Pete is pretty close to the shop in Seminole that everyone in this thread keeps talking about.

I can't believe how many people here are into RMC. I liked that place, but 3/4 of the reason I want to go to a comic shop is to see old stuff.

EDIT: Just looked up the place in Seminole. I've never ventured past Seminole and Park but I might have to check it out if I end up over there during my Spring Break.

Thanks (thumbs u

dta_home_header_01.gif dta_home_header_02.gif dta_home_header_03.gif
dta_home_header_04.gif We're Always Buying - click for info dta_home_header_06.gif
dta_home_header_07.gif dta_home_header_08.gif dta_home_header_09.gif
There are currently 109771 items available!
Dta_signup
All ProductsCOMICS:Golden-AgeCOMICS:Silver-AgeCOMICS:Bronze-Age to PresentCOMICS:Comic ArtCOMICS:Comic Hardback, Paperback, Etc.COMICS:Platinum-AgeCOMICS:Big Little BooksCOMICS:Comic PostersCOMICS:Comic MagazinesCOMICS:Underground and Alternative ComixCOMICS:FanzinesCOMICS:Comic Premiums and Give AwaysCOMICS:Foreign ComicsCOMICS:CGC GradedPULP MAGAZINES:Pulp MagazinesPULP MAGAZINES:Pulp MemorabiliaMAGAZINES:AutomotiveMAGAZINES:Detective/CrimeMAGAZINES:GlamourMAGAZINES:Men's AdventureMAGAZINES:Joke/Cartoon MagazinesMAGAZINES:Movie/TVMAGAZINES:MusicMAGAZINES:Miscellaneous MagsMAGAZINES:Women's InterestMOVIE AND TELEVISION MATERIAL:HeraldsMOVIE AND TELEVISION MATERIAL:Lobby CardsMOVIE AND TELEVISION MATERIAL:StillsMOVIE AND TELEVISION MATERIAL:Press KitsMOVIE AND TELEVISION MATERIAL:PressbooksMOVIE AND TELEVISION MATERIAL:Miscellaneous Movie MaterialSPORTS MEMORABILIA:BaseballSPORTS MEMORABILIA:FootballSPORTS MEMORABILIA:Auto RacingSPORTS MEMORABILIA:BasketballSPORTS MEMORABILIA:GolfSPORTS MEMORABILIA:Miscellaneous SportsSPORTS MEMORABILIA:BoxingSPORTS MEMORABILIA:Horse RacingSPORTS MEMORABILIA:TennisSPORTS MEMORABILIA:HockeyMISCELLANEOUS:ArtMISCELLANEOUS:AutomobiliaMISCELLANEOUS:Books/PaperbacksMISCELLANEOUS:Miscellaneous PaperMISCELLANEOUS:NASA and Space RelatedMISCELLANEOUS:Aviation/MilitaryMISCELLANEOUS:World War II PostersMISCELLANEOUS:OtherTOYS:ToysDISNEYANA:Disney PublicationsDISNEYANA:Disney FigurinesDISNEYANA:Disney PostersCIRCUS & ZOO MEMORABILIA:Circus & Zoo ProgramsMOVIE POSTERS:One SheetsMOVIE POSTERS:Half SheetsMOVIE POSTERS:InsertsMOVIE POSTERS:Three SheetsMOVIE POSTERS:40x60 PostersMOVIE POSTERS:Window CardsMOVIE POSTERS:Vinyl BannersAdvanced Search

New retail location now open!

292820_160508040759345_868348537_n.jpg3E83L53I15I45F45M1caq48a2a960bbb815a2.jpg53658_160509974092485_1046508234_o.jpg

Largest variety of collectors' items in this part of the world! Whether you live in the Tampa Bay area or are just visiting, please make time to come see us.

Culture & Thrills Collectibles Gallery

5205 N. Florida Ave, Tampa, FL 33603

(813) 237-5400

New Hours:

Mon-Wed: 12pm-5pm

Thurs-Fri: 12pm-6pm

Sat: 11am-5pm

Sun: 11am-4pm

Over 35 years in business! Over 100,000 mail orders processed!

WE ARE ALWAYS BUYING! LARGE COLLECTIONS, APPRAISALS, FINDER'S FEES PAID! CALL OR EMAIL NOW! Click here for more details.

featuredcats.jpg

twitter.pngfacebook.png

Our Newest Arrivals

Home | Products | Order a Catalog | About Us | We're Buying | Customer Service | View Shopping Cart

©2006-2009 DTA Collectibles. All rights reserved.

How did you do that? (my screen is all reformatted)

Also, don't mean to get on you, but I don't think DTA has the best rep around these parts due to some events from many moons ago.

Also, don't mean to get on you, but I don't think DTA has the best rep around these parts due to some events from many moons ago.

What happened?

Me too. Wacked.

What happened?

You posted the store ad and now the screen is all effed up. :grin:

But, if you're talking about my other comment, I believe DTA was the guy that held Ian hostage over a book to complete "the quest". Don't think it was the Buzzy #70. Maybe the New Adventure #26???

Memory is fuzzy, but I definitely remember his name as part of the whole thing. Someone with better recall (or a spreadsheet of forum "mishaps") can probably elaborate.

So stopped by a few more shops in Tampa. Emerald City in Seminole is definitely the biggest of all the stores in the area. The worker was easily the most helpful and friendly.

Stopped by Green Shift. Was not impressed at all. Could not figure out how they were organizing their new comics and found out they close their back issue room on Weds. Definitely not going back there as I usually go to shops on Weds.

Stopped by Culture and Thrills. They do not carry new issues only back issues. Seemed slighly overpriced. The worker there was very friendly.

So Far my Best shops I visited have been in order:

1. Emerald Comics Seminole

2. Heroes Haven

3. Emerald Comics other store

WORST

1. Coliseum Comics

2. Green Shift

Oh and on my GPS a store called Irish Madman comics up. It is not a store. Just someones house.

Here's my favorite Tampa shops

Read More Comics in Brandon. It may be a bit out of your way but the owner is friendly, has a huge selection of TPB's and HC's all discounted at 25% off everyday, will order anything you need if it is not in stock, and always has plenty of copies of the new issues. When the other stores in the area are sold out of Amazing Spider-Man #700, Batman Inc #8, or the latest Walking Dead issue, this shop still has plenty of copies left. Also check out there Black friday & new Year's Eve sales.

Yancy St Comics in new Port Richey, has a large back issue selection as well as a good selection of TPB's and hardcovers. Their prices are reasonable, they run some great sales on back issues from time to time as well. Plan to go to their FCBD day event, it's the best in the State and they always manage to line up top talent for the event. This year they have Gail Simone, Ron Garney, Mark Brooks and more coming to the event.

Heroes Haven in Tampa is great for modern comics, CGC SS books, and the owner and employees give off good vibes and are very friendly. They don't really have the discounts on tpb's that other stores have but I still stop by from time to time.

Emerald City in Seminole is quite a haul for me but they have the best selection of Silver Age books around. Great staff, and don't mind going thru a Silver Age book with you if your not sure about your purchase.

Great thing about the Tampa Bay area is the amount of comics shops in the area. Living here all my life there are a few I'll never give my business again, for a few reasons. But these 4 I think are the standard for shops in the area.

I agree with everyone's assessments here. For back issues, you go to Emerald City in Seminole. For new comics, go to Heroes Haven, Yancy St, and Read More Comics. For trades at a great price, Read More.

I've never been to Mike's Cards. Is that a new place?

Also, you HAVE to go to RMC's sales, at least if you buy trades and moderns. They usually do 50% off collected editions, which is awesome for me. I think I've gone every new years for the past 10 years.

There are a few others not mentioned, that may be worth going to from time to time. Namely, Wilson's Books in St. Pete. It is a book store in the front and a comic store in the back. All their back issues are a dollar, and you can find some neat stuff from time to time.

Someone mentioned Coliseum. I will agree that their staff is not terribly friendly and they had some flood issues so their store does not smell great at the moment, but they are right down the road from Yancy and they have a hole room full of dollar issues.

I agree with everyone's assessments here. For back issues, you go to Emerald City in Seminole. For new comics, go to Heroes Haven, Yancy St, and Read More Comics. For trades at a great price, Read More.

I've never been to Mike's Cards. Is that a new place?

Also, you HAVE to go to RMC's sales, at least if you buy trades and moderns. They usually do 50% off collected editions, which is awesome for me. I think I've gone every new years for the past 10 years.

There are a few others not mentioned, that may be worth going to from time to time. Namely, Wilson's Books in St. Pete. It is a book store in the front and a comic store in the back. All their back issues are a dollar, and you can find some neat stuff from time to time.

Someone mentioned Coliseum. I will agree that their staff is not terribly friendly and they had some flood issues so their store does not smell great at the moment, but they are right down the road from Yancy and they have a hole room full of dollar issues.

Read More Comics New Year's Eve sale is awesome. Free Beer, pizza, and the closer it gets to midnight the higher the discount on comics new and old, tpbs and hardcovers. I snagged quite a few Omnibus's and variant covers for 50% off.

For GA/SA/& even BA, you're going to have to go to see Neil in Seminole.

You'll love the store.

I lived in Seminole for 30 years. Emerald city was like a second home for a long time. Neil was always an awesome guy to deal with. Definitely worth a visit.

Is that the store next to O'Malley's

Yep. And a German food place.

I'm from Brandon. I've always been partial to the comics club. They have huge back issue section, and they always have good wall stuff. I like this thread. My family has a condo at Madeira beach and I had no clue there was a shop over there (Seminole that is) I always thought wagon wheel was my best bet.

You're about 10 minutes from Emerald City, from Madeira beach. I lived right in the middle...5 minutes from the beach and 5 minutes from the store. Wagon Wheel is now a junk fest. Cheap chinese tools, and toys, and batteries. All of the real bargains and antiques are long gone.

I'm from Brandon. I've always been partial to the comics club. They have huge back issue section, and they always have good wall stuff. I like this thread. My family has a condo at Madeira beach and I had no clue there was a shop over there (Seminole that is) I always thought wagon wheel was my best bet.

You're about 10 minutes from Emerald City, from Madeira beach. I lived right in the middle...5 minutes from the beach and 5 minutes from the store. Wagon Wheel is now a junk fest. Cheap chinese tools, and toys, and batteries. All of the real bargains and antiques are long gone.

Yup. Definitely true. The coolest place there is that toy shop, and they don't even have good toys. I asked about power ranger megazords, and they said they sold them all on eBay.

Has anyone tried the place in Brandon by the movies? I just saw it there the last time I was home, but I was seeing a late movie and they were closed already.

Yup. Definitely true. The coolest place there is that toy shop, and they don't even have good toys. I asked about power ranger megazords, and they said they sold them all on eBay.

Has anyone tried the place in Brandon by the movies? I just saw it there the last time I was home, but I was seeing a late movie and they were closed already.

Not a fan of Blockbuster Comics, I think it's owned by the guy who runs Demolition Comics. They have a very limited selection of tpb's, back issues and never order enough of newly released comics.

Anything near the port of tampa worth going to?

If you have a car, Comic's club is really close once you hop off of the crosstown. RMC is less than a mile from that as well. I think it's 10 miles, but the crosstown will get you there in 12-15 minutes.

Unless someone on here knows of one downtown.