• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So What did you SEND OFF to be graded this week?

106 posts in this topic

thought this might make a good conversation starter.

i'll fire it up, i sent these 2 invoices off 2 weeks ago to be pressed then passed onto CGC.

541aca81-2eba-470b-be96-e0c7cf9beb56_zps868ac8a1.jpg

these books are my coupon for the 4 free standard gradings.

9d0995a4-82b8-445c-92c4-f83fdf902bbd_zps027b8ea1.jpg

Why on earth would you put the value as $3 for your modern books when it's going to cost you significantly more than that to get them pressed & slabbed?

If they're lost in the mail coming back to you, CGC wouldn't reimburse you the slabbing fees - you'd just get your $3 back :tonofbricks:

Did you prescreen?

nope, i was the pre screener, i got alot more books that would be iffy's on 9.8, but im very confident about the ones i sent in.

This will end in tears.

It's a hard lesson many have to learn the hard way. The first few 8.5s on your dead-to-rights 9.8s tend to hammer home the pre-screen.

Why on earth would you put the value as $3 for your modern books when it's going to cost you significantly more than that to get them pressed & slabbed?

If they're lost in the mail coming back to you, CGC wouldn't reimburse you the slabbing fees - you'd just get your $3 back :tonofbricks:

This is a valid point I think is lost on most unless they have had a package go missing. I was doing the same thing until the 9/11/2012 lost package event brought it to my attention.

The minumum number you use in the value field should be about $30.

This is a valid point I think is lost on most unless they have had a package go missing. I was doing the same thing until the 9/11/2012 lost package event brought it to my attention.

That makes sense but would CGC really reimburse you $30 a piece for all those moderns?

That makes sense but would CGC really reimburse you $30 a piece for all those moderns?

They will reimburse you whatever you put in there, as long as it matches the tier and has some sort of basis in fact.

They will reimburse you whatever you put in there, as long as it matches the tier and has some sort of basis in fact.

Good to know. I've been too honest on my sub values apparently hm

I thought that value was just used for

a) confirming you were submitting to the right teir

b) insuring the return package

c) their own internal insurance valuation

So the $30 they'd reimburse you would be the value you'd be getting back from USPS, or via their insurer if there was a "mishap"

I max out.

On the other hand, I usually buy the modern books I want slabbed- already slabbed. It usually makes more sense to me than the hit and miss. Only modern book I ever sent in to be graded was a Hulk 340. That came back a 9.6.

Isn't the unwritten rule on worthless moderns to do a 9.8 prescreen? (shrug)

You certainly have a way with words.

Maybe worthless was too harsh, does worth less work better?

So the $30 they'd reimburse you would be the value you'd be getting back from USPS, or via their insurer if there was a "mishap"

Correct. When I received an insurance settlement from CGC, it was the exact amounts that the facilitator had put in the value line upon submission.

Correct. When I received an insurance settlement from CGC, it was the exact amounts that the facilitator had put in the value line upon submission.

They actually reimbursed you for that yellow label garbage??? :baiting:

:jokealert:

Ha - by that matter then some of you should be sending in all of your modern drek to play the USPS lottery and hope they lose something.

Dear USPS,

Please find the enclosed claim for 500 slabbed copies of X-Force 1 valued at $200 each. (Hey that's the max value allowed under modern books and I SWEAR I thought they would all come back as 9.9's or 10's.)

$100,000 ka-ching