• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mrcomic.com, why do I always seem to find bad sellers???

17 posts in this topic

I must have a knack for this. Here is a link to a auction I won: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=747507543&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOAB:US:6

Seller was more then happy to take my money, hasn't sent item and does not answer my many emails. I guess he got the better of me. Also, notice he just got negged on his feedback for the same problem I am having. Has anyone ever boughten from this seller? Prior to this the seller had very good feedbacks...

Hi Lucy -

I've dealt with this guy before:

Defenders 3

I won the auction on 12/14/2002, paid via paypal on 12/14/2002 and I received and left feedback for item on 12/28/2002.

He is in Canada so it may take a while to arrive; I think 2 weeks during X-mas season from Canada is a miracle and the book was right on with the grading. I was very happy with it.

Just thought I'd share.

Hopefully my transaction will turn out good. But this seller has ignored 6 email messages from me. I don't understand, a simple reply from him would sufice. Also, I am alarmed that this seller just got a neg for this very issue. If I lose it was only 13 dollars but, money aside, to do this to me really sucks..... I do realize he's in Canada and with the holiday rush things take time, that is why I have been patient up to this point. He could have atleast responded to one of my emails..

That's weird Rick - I emailed him to let him know my holiday schedule and I got his response back saying he would accommodate me. He also answered whether or not he had more Defenders 1-10 in similar condition to the 3 that I won...maybe he changed emails? check his ebay contact info so you can call him.

I agree with Darth; I've purchased from sellers in Canada and have sometimes waited forever for my stuff to arrive. It's just over a month now which means you might be getting your book any day now.

It is interesting to note, though, that the negative feedback you speak of is for a book that he took an absolute bath on:

Thor 260 CGC 9.2

If you factor in the price of shipping and insurance and grading, he got at most one third of his investment back on the book. Makes you think...

...at any rate, let us know what happens.

The best advice that I could give you here is a technique that has worked for me when in your similar situation.

When you title your next e-mail use wording similar to this:

Please Respond - Negative Feedback Soon - Jughead #89 Item # 747507543

I only use this as a last resort (after I try calling the person) and it has worked for me on several ocasions... wink.gif

Please Respond - Negative Feedback Soon - Jughead #89 Item # 747507543

Not a bad idea...

Very recently, I had a guy try to slam me with an EXTRA $20 shipping charge AFTER the auction had closed and AFTER I had paid!! He wanted me to pay somewhere in the neighborhood of $35 for an auction that closed at $9.33! (It was 10 comics. He emails and says "oops, I listed the shipping charge incorrectly in the auction!" This was four days after the close of the auction.) So, after I see this, I tell him that I don't want to pay the extra amount. (He had written to say that if I didn't want to pay the extra, he would understand and would relist the books... hmmm wonder why that is?) THEN he tells me that he would be willing to "work with" me on a shipping charge! What about the original $7 that I had already paid for shipping?!? This is being shipped from California! Not Neptune!

So, long story short (well, shorter), I told him to shove his books where they will risk no damage from UV exposure, and that he needed to refund my money IMMEDIATELY. He then emailed to tell me that he would be glad to refund my money AFTER I left him positive feedback! Extortion! I threatened to take him to the court of the people... The People's Court! (Love that judge Milian... meeeow!) Okay, not really, but I did tell him that I wanted my money back or I was going to contact the credit card company, Ebay, God, his mother, God's mother, and I was going to send MethHammer over to eat his soul...

...and the payment was "Paypal Pending" ten minutes later. I can't wait to leave him some very, very "positive" feedback.

I think the guy's name is rkjcorp@_____ -- I'll have to look it up to make sure what it is.

Darth

Yes he was very fast in replying to my initial emails and was very good with accomodating me with my move. He viewed my feedback and mailed my package to uncomfirmed address. I emailed him after waiting 5 weeks for the package asking "when should I start worrying?" The next day the package arrived, so I emailed him again thanking him and never got a reply to either email. confused.gif I guess he just maield the stuff out and never looked at his email account again tongue.gif Damn canadapost workers! mad.giftongue.gif

But a call to Canada

My sentiments exactly...Hell the call alone may end up costing more than the book (depending on where Hepcat city is)....Just give it time, it could take up to 10 weeks (or more) to get a package from Canada..... crazy.gif

I'm pretty sure you got this, but I want to make sure that everyone sees this so they don't label him as a bad seller tongue.gif

"We are extremely regretful for the delays in responding and sending out comics to all of our ebay and on-line customers in the last month. First off, please excuse this group e-mail which may not answer specific questions you had about the auction you have won or orders you have placed, but this is the first chance we have had to get back to all of our customers since our computer went down and this is the quickest way to contact everyone. All your e-mails will be responded to individually in the next two days.

PLEASE BE ASSURED OF THESE THREE IMPORTANT THINGS:

1) If you have made a payment to us and have not received your order you will get confirmation from us as soon as possible and within the next day. You are our top priority. We have every intention of sending out every order we have processed.

2) If you have not yet received your order and no longer want your book, please contact us as soon as you are able and we will send you a FULL REFUND.

3) If you have received your books and are pleased with your orders we thank you and we will return your feedback as soon as we have everything back on track. Thank you for your patience.

Near the end of December we were having some problems with our computer, some of you may recall getting a notice explaining this, we took our computer in for repairs and they replaced an A 100/PCI card which they said was defective. Shortly after that we had a full out hard drive failure. Our computer would not turn on and any of the information on the drive (we were told) was corrupted. We went to another shop that was able to mount the drive and transfer our information to a new hard drive, but they took several weeks. After that we were still not able to get back on-line, after harassing the phone company we were finally able to get a technician who replaced our DSL modem.

We regret how these difficulties have affected our customers, and we want to once again make it clear that we are extremely sorry for causing any worry. We would also like to stress once again that we thank you for your patience while we get everything back on track, and we would like to reassure you that we will do everything we can to make sure that you are satisfied with your order.

Once again if you want a full refund we will be more than happy to provide one, but please let us know as soon as possible, and you will be hearing from us again shortly with confirmation of your specific order.

Thank you,

--

Aaron at

mistercomic.com"

i've dealt with aaron before, he's a real nice understanding dude. one of my comic books never made it from canada, and he gave me a 50% refund since i didn't pay for insurance. wish i got the book though, it's one i need....defenders 10 NM aarrrgghhh!!!!

Yippeeee! I did also get that letter and hopefully I'll get my Jughead comic after all!!!! I did not post a feedback on this long overdue transaction.... I couldn't understand why a seller with no negetative feedbacks (he has 1 now from somebody) would all of the sudden do this...... I sent many emails to the seller that went unaswered, then I finally posted here. Twice that I have had problems with sellers, after posting here, all of the sudden the sellers re-appear and correct the problem.. hmmmmmmmm..... This board is the living end Daddy-o!