• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reputable Online Dealers with Massive Selection, Good Prices, & Accurate Grading

33 posts in this topic

Your ask is a pretty high order, but not impossible. The difficulty is you could find someone that meets your criteria, but because a few titles or issues are not available in the inventory sequence, that would necessitate dealing with a few people to fulfill.

I totally get why buying in volume makes sense from a shipping standpoint, but I will also forewarn you that buying this way can also lead to major headaches for all people involved because every dollar saved on shipping will cost you double or triple that in time and hassle if a few books in the lot are not up to your standards.

I've dealt with Doug a number of times, but I don't usually ask for more than 10 books at a time. Calling him as someone suggested might help move things along quicker, but you're pretty much buying on his grading and reputation (which are both excellent) because he doesn't supply scans.

Some words of advice and a few suggestions. If you go with Doug, and you're looking for mid-grade stuff, just mention any specific problems you really want to avoid in a book because it could help mitigate disappointment. Buying high-grade is a different animal because I find Doug tends to undergrade and there are generally less things to worry about in terms of major defects that can detract from a books appearance.

The other being to post a WTB on these boards, with a cut-off on how many books you're looking to get from a single person.

I'm deep in bronze and silver, and have a decent selection up to late copper, but there could be gaps in sequence and I'm not sure shipping from Canada would be as attractive as buying from someone in the US.

That said, you're welcome to PM me a list of what you're looking for and I'll be able to better let you know if I can help.

Hope this helps.

If you want low grade copies just to read, then perhaps a digital account to read to your heart's content. As soon as they make it available for iOS I will be all over one of those Marvel yearly subscriptions.

I thought it was available for iOS?

http://www.engadget.com/2013/03/07/marvel-unlimited-app-ios/

I enjoy reading both digital and print comics. Books on the ipad are pretty sweet!

Woohoo!!!! Missed that by a week...

As soon as I am done with this next class and finally have some free time on my hands I will be picking this up.

Someone in the comments said to use the promo code 20MARVEL for 20% off. $48 is better than $60.

If you want low grade copies just to read, then perhaps a digital account to read to your heart's content. As soon as they make it available for iOS I will be all over one of those Marvel yearly subscriptions.

I enjoy reading both digital and print comics. Books on the ipad are pretty sweet!

As soon as I am done with this next class and finally have some free time on my hands I will be picking this up.

Someone in the comments said to use the promo code 20MARVEL for 20% off. $48 is better than $60.

Too good to be true, that code expired :(

Too good to be true, that code expired :(

There will be another day... in fact I may wait until October when they have the promo to sign you up at NYCC AND I will get an exclusive Marvel Universe figure.

Do people on these boards have good luck with Doug Sulipa? I sent him a want list over a week ago, but haven't heard a peep - and yes, I followed his cryptic instructions on his old school website.

Yes. He typically gives very fast responses to emails. His grading is good, prices are ok and the ship times are good. I have no hesitation using him.

NewKadia.com

They ship very quickly, they grade accurately and their shipping is very cheap!

and they give big discounts if you are ordering quite a bit..

I ordered something from them today. I hope the comic is as good as they say and they ship it securely.

Do people on these boards have good luck with Doug Sulipa? I sent him a want list over a week ago, but haven't heard a peep - and yes, I followed his cryptic instructions on his old school website.

Yes. He typically gives very fast responses to emails. His grading is good, prices are ok and the ship times are good. I have no hesitation using him.

Doug is awesome. Prices may be a little higher, but I always know what I am getting. That's worth a few extra bucks for me.

NewKadia.com

They ship very quickly, they grade accurately and their shipping is very cheap!

and they give big discounts if you are ordering quite a bit..

I ordered something from them today. I hope the comic is as good as they say and they ship it securely.

I received my comic from them today and while it was packed nice, it was over graded and I am very disappointed in it. They said it was NM and I would grade it VF at the most. If they would have listed the flaws I would not have bought it.