• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sex by Image comics

147 posts in this topic

IGN Sex #1 Review 9.5

"Sex pulls off a great feat by embracing familiar elements from past famous works while feeling wholly unique. It could have been titled anything, but I suppose it’s Casey’s way of reminding the reader that even though he’s built this incredible new world, it’s really all about one thing at the end of the day."

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/03/07/sex-1-review

I got it and read it. Not too shabby. Kind of awkward. Girlfriend did noooooooot appreciate it. Still trying to convince her to not throw it away on account of it being part of the whole Image #1 thing.

The 5 copies I got from midtown were not good - first unsatisfying order from there.

This is the second order I had from midtown and the first time was great.... second wasn't. Here's what the packaging looked like when delivered.

photo71_zps33c5df3e.jpg

photo72_zpsf30b147f.jpg

Needless to say one copy had a nice color breaking crease on the spine and the other a slight non color break on the spine...... kinda :(

First time it was a sturdy envelope and no damage, not really flimsy oversized envelope

BTW. I read the damaged one (my reader copy now) and it was a interesting story. I want to know more about why he quit being this hero and how the word got out... other than a person telling him to stop... it seems like a good setup for an interesting story plus the naked people wasn't bad ... haha. But why the title I don't know.... was the creative juices not flowing so to sell the story line you just named it that?

oh btw... the text bubbles are horrible. I like the highlighted words hoping for some encoded message but there are some words I couldn't make out and was (shrug)

I hate midtown........ BUT I have a few rolling orders with them and didn't cancel. My order was cut! I was limited with 1 copy, they refunded the others. So much for preorders! I guess they figure they can sell my preorder for more. I haven't received it yet but Midtown can bite me.

MORE REASON TO HATE MIDTOWN. JUST GIVE ME ONE REASON TO LIKE YOU... IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK. I KEEP GIVING YOU CHANCES!

By the way, I only ordered 3 freaking copies, not like I ordered 20.

IGN Sex #1 Review 9.5

"Sex pulls off a great feat by embracing familiar elements from past famous works while feeling wholly unique. It could have been titled anything, but I suppose it’s Casey’s way of reminding the reader that even though he’s built this incredible new world, it’s really all about one thing at the end of the day."

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/03/07/sex-1-review

*Review written by a guy who bought 100 copies to flip