• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Visited Comics Shop

10 posts in this topic

Let's see if they have anything good...

So I was in Richardson, TX this week on business. The Summit I attended had ended and I had a few hours until my flight was scheduled to depart. Let's see, what can I do for an hour?

I was telling a coworker who lives in the area that the rental car return at DFW airport is a pain to find. He agreed, but said I should have no trouble if I used the voice guided feature on Google maps. Downloaded the app to my iPhone and it did work great. Before heading to the airport though I tested it by visiting a LCS, Comics Asylum. The app didnt steer me wrong and I arrived at my destination with no problem.

The employees were a bit stand offish but overall they didnt seem too bad. After browsing their selection of back issues for awhile I decided to pick up Cable and Deadpool TPB Vol 1 for my youngest as he is a big Deadpool fan. Read it on the plane ride home, it wasnt bad. When I asked the clerk about Silver and Bronze Age back issues he pointed me to 2 boxes which I thought were all DC only. Turns out the DC and Marvel were mixed so I had fun browsing through those and found a few issues that would go home with me. :) Nothing high grade of course but I'm happy to add these to my collection of reading copies.

I bought 1 issue of Sub Mariner and two issues from the Xmen reprint days. I told the store manager that I didnt like paying for the Xmen books because they were reprints and I already knew the stories, but I was a completest and was working on an Xmen 1-544 run. He was sympathetic and knocked a few bucks off each issue.

All in all, a good trip, and scored some unexpected comics as an added bonus!

Til next time...

13199.JPG

See more journals by surfer99

Thanks Tnerb. I just figured it out tonight after struggling with it awhile. I kept trying to upload image after switching to full reply mode, but it was asking me to enter an http: address. Turns out there is another section below called File Manager. Click on that and it lets you browse the files on your PC and upload the image. First time it told me the image was too big so I had to shrink it down some but then it worked no problem.

sig.jpg

We need to make a point of supporting our LCS... both at home and away... very cool article.

Next time I travel i'll do the same and take photos.

I really like that Sub Mariner cover... But I'm confused by the way Dr.Strange appears. From the issue date and year, Strange should'nt have a mask. So I'm guessing that's an older "dead" version of Strange with his spirit rising from the grave. That's pretty neat since you seldom see Namor tackle the supernatural.

Can you tell us something about that issue's story?

SW3D

We need to make a point of supporting our LCS... both at home and away... very cool article.

I really like that Sub Mariner cover... But I'm confused by the way Dr.Strange appears. From the issue date and year, Strange should'nt have a mask. So I'm guessing that's an older "dead" version of Strange with his spirit rising from the grave. That's pretty neat since you seldom see Namor tackle the supernatural.

SW3D

I haven't read it yet, but you can check out the storyline here...

http://marvel.wikia.com/Sub-Mariner_Vol_1_22

SW3D

I agree.

While I do get most of my books online, I do still make it in to my LCS each week to get some books (Heck, even some books I have ordered I still pick up in my LCS). I also always try to check out the shops when I travel. Because I think if the direct shops die off, then comics as we know them will die off.