• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

And another E-bay seller to avoid

97 posts in this topic

I'm no lawyer but here's what I would do:

Fraud also means not getting something you paid for so this would qualify as fraud.

Get the old auction link and save the webpage to your harddrive. If there are still any pictures left, save those too.

Call the cops in his hometown. Since this was sent via the mail, I think it qualifies as mail fraud so I think that makes it a federal crime (interstate commerce and all that).

File a complaint with ebay (the phone number not being correct should get him kicked) and call the Amex people and see what you can do about the check. Have a copy of your bank statement that shows that he cashed the check.

That's all I can think off the top of my head. The sad thing is that this is a CGG graded book which means all the [!@#%^&^] that CGG did earlier, with the documented lying, etc. means that TDcomix probably could claim in court that CGG messed it up and that they graded it a 9.8 even with the backcover messed up. He'll also claim that you messed it up after you received it so it'll get ugly. But check to see if he tries, or tried, to sell any other copies of this book. And if the serial numbers are the same...well, there ya go.

I'm no lawyer but here's what I would do:

Fraud also means not getting something you paid for so this would qualify as fraud.

Get the old auction link and save the webpage to your harddrive. If there are still any pictures left, save those too.

Call the cops in his hometown. Since this was sent via the mail, I think it qualifies as mail fraud so I think that makes it a federal crime (interstate commerce and all that).

File a complaint with ebay (the phone number not being correct should get him kicked) and call the Amex people and see what you can do about the check. Have a copy of your bank statement that shows that he cashed the check.

That's all I can think off the top of my head. The sad thing is that this is a CGG graded book which means all the [!@#%^&^] that CGG did earlier, with the documented lying, etc. means that TDcomix probably could claim in court that CGG messed it up and that they graded it a 9.8 even with the backcover messed up. He'll also claim that you messed it up after you received it so it'll get ugly. But check to see if he tries, or tried, to sell any other copies of this book. And if the serial numbers are the same...well, there ya go. [/quot

FTC

www.FBI.GOV

Rocketeer, sorry for another round of BS you're having to go through. It seems you have a good case, and we are talking about thousands of dollars in difference in paid vs received, so I think it is definitely worth pursuing. Keep us abreast of updates and good luck.

The bidders can be as scary as the sellers. I just had to cancel a bid from someone with -1 feedback. This -1 bidder has 3 negs, one neutral, and two positives, so I am frustrated that the people who gave this bidder the negs did so without making sure to complete the NPB process (which should have made this bidder one of those not a registered user critters).

Anyone who has a - next to their feedback number should automatically have that eBay ID flushed down the toilet.

Regards

Christopher H

I'd contact Daniel at CGG and get him to find out good contact info for Mr Leder. If CGG wants to continue to service crooks despite all the evidence presented, then it time for them to start feeling the heat of these fraudulent dealings.... mad.gif

CGG is doing no favors for this hobby by continuing to perpetuate fraud by validating these scam artists.

By the way, this is the same comic tdcomixncardz had on eBay with the modified scan when questions came up as to CGG grading comics for them again. Note the lame attempt at changing the grading date:

cggswt8.jpg

Jim

572821-tdcomix.jpg

link

..That's the number I called,..he said there was no one by the name of Leder there

I bought a book from him back in April and I recollect that number as being correct. confused.gif

When I called the first two time he said there was no one there by that name,...after i left the negative feedback and pursued the fraud charges he suddenly decided that he would be responsive and started calling my house last night,...i was asleep at the time,...he also sent an email asking why I did what I did...I love these people who try to cornhole you and then get upset when you turn the tables on them....E-bay at it's best,...

...Just a heads up E-bay seller Christinascollectables,...pulled a switcheroo on me,...won a CGG swamp thing #7 9.8 a bout 4 weeks ago from her and after hounding her for shipment I finally received it,...bottom of the case was broken open and book was replaced,...and of course the contact telephone # is bogus,...

Hey Rocketeer, can you post a scan? How did he get the label out of the inner holder? (CGG seals its labels inside the PVC.) Can you post a picture of what you got?

this guy is a poster over on valiantcomics.com....someone pointed this out earlier today and he has not said anything...He sold a couple of valiants and is curently hawking some disney books over there...it should be very interesting... popcorn.gif

...Just a heads up E-bay seller Christinascollectables,...pulled a switcheroo on me,...won a CGG swamp thing #7 9.8 a bout 4 weeks ago from her and after hounding her for shipment I finally received it,...bottom of the case was broken open and book was replaced,...and of course the contact telephone # is bogus,...

Hey Rocketeer, can you post a scan? How did he get the label out of the inner holder? (CGG seals its labels inside the PVC.) Can you post a picture of what you got?

Yea, scan, scan,scan, scan. Why is there at least one person now saying they have bought books from him and the phone # is good? Why no scan of the book? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Usually when someone has a problem or situation they will provide a scan or something to back up their claim rather than just accusing someone with nothing to back it up.

foreheadslap.gif

Was the book really replaced or just damaged? If the book was just damaged wasn't there insurance on the package? How can you tell the book was switched? Have you contacted CGGroup and asked them if someone could switch out a book? If there really was fraud committed on their holder I would think they would want to know and find out how it was done. If the book was switched you should pursue the situation until you are satisfied. If there was no fraud I would be careful what you do. People can be held responsible for false claims, criminally and possibly financially, especially if the USPS was used to ship the item, right FFB? This was posted on the CPG boards by Daniel.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Davenport

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by ComicGuy

It is practically impossible to open and successfully re-close our inner holder. I do not believe at all that that is what happened. I would like to have scans sent to us of the book as it was received.

I do not want to get involved in a seller/buyer dispute other than to say someone switching a book for another is extremely unlikely.

Daniel

Here's another entry quote: "..Yup that's who I made the check out to,...Terrance Leder,...I don't know who tdcomixncardz is,...what he did was break open the bottom of the case and slip the book out he replaced it with another copy (which wouldn't.t grade higher than an 8.0 cause of a spine-long impact on front and back cover)"

The way it reads is like the hard slab was cracked open and the inner holder was switched. That doesn't make sense because the inner holder seals the book and label. Right? If you slipped it out the slab bottom the label would come with the comic, sealed in a single package.

Correct. If we were to open the outer holder the book and label are still safely sealed inside the inner holder. The inner holder cannot be replaced because of a security hologram on the inner holder. Same with the label, no one could take the label out and replace it with a fake label because the label also has a security hologram.

The seals on the inner holder cannot be opened without it being very obvious.

Daniel

this guy is a poster over on valiantcomics.com....someone pointed this out earlier today and he has not said anything...He sold a couple of valiants and is curently hawking some disney books over there...it should be very interesting... popcorn.gif

Yup! that makes him totally guilty! Even without any proof! 893frustrated.gif

here is his side off one of his auctions:

"To those who may be concerned regarding the recent negative feedback left on on my account: The negative feedback left on my account today regarding ebay item # 2259100005 is false and unfounded. The buyer of item # 2259100005 sent me an email at 3:33 today claiming that the item was damaged in the mail. In his email, he demands that I refund the purchase price of the item immediately, before he will return the item to me. I was out when he sent this email, and did not read it until approximately 7 pm. I then discovered that without waiting for a reply from me regarding his claim, he proceeded to leave negative feedback for me claiming that I was committing fraud by sending him an item other than what was pictured in the auction. He also claims that the telephone # listed in my user information is fake. This is absolutely not true - the telephone number listed in my contact information IS valid, and anyone who has a concern is more than welcome to contact me there.

This claim of fraud is unfounded. The book I sent is the same book that was pictured and described in the auction. He alleges that the book he received is damaged and that the book in the auction was not, yet his first claim is that the book was damaged in the mail. If the book was indeed damaged in the mailing process as he claims, any damage to the book would have been caused during the mailing process. The buyer purchased shipping insurance on the item, yet is refusing to file a claim with the postal service and is demanding that I return his money immeditaly without receiving or seeing the item in question. He has threatened to report me to Ebay for fraud if I do not comply. This fact, coupled with the fact that he left negative feedback prior to allowing me time to respond to his email and is demanding refund without sending me pictures and prior to my receipt of the allegedly damaged book, is very suspicous. I am currently trying to resolve this matter through the proper channels (ie: damage claim with the postal service, contact with the buyer, etc.), however I want to assure you that the claim of fraud is false, and that the negative feedback is unfounded and was placed on my account without giving me an adequate chance to resolve the issue. If any of you would like more information or have concerns you would like to discuss, I encourage you to contact me. I am always happy to discuss any questions or concerns you may have.

Thank you."

Now who is telling the truth? Can we get scans??? confused-smiley-013.gif

I've had my suspicians for a while now that Michael_JC is Daniel Peterson. Michael, if I am incorrect then I apologize. But knowing that Daniel cannot defend himself personally on the boards here I can understand him creating a shill in order to still defend the company. I rarely see Michael_JC anywhere else than on a CGG related thread. The few instances that he posts elsewhere I believe are in an attempt to look legit. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif -----Sid

P.S. Do a search on Michael JC, you'll see what I mean. This guy IS Daniel. Not that I care as I think he does have a right to defend CGG, just wanted to point that out that this guy is a CGG shill.

here is his side off one of his auctions:

"To those who may be concerned regarding the recent negative feedback left on on my account: The negative feedback left on my account today regarding ebay item # 2259100005 is false and unfounded. The buyer of item # 2259100005 sent me an email at 3:33 today claiming that the item was damaged in the mail. In his email, he demands that I refund the purchase price of the item immediately, before he will return the item to me. I was out when he sent this email, and did not read it until approximately 7 pm. I then discovered that without waiting for a reply from me regarding his claim, he proceeded to leave negative feedback for me claiming that I was committing fraud by sending him an item other than what was pictured in the auction. He also claims that the telephone # listed in my user information is fake. This is absolutely not true - the telephone number listed in my contact information IS valid, and anyone who has a concern is more than welcome to contact me there.

This claim of fraud is unfounded. The book I sent is the same book that was pictured and described in the auction. He alleges that the book he received is damaged and that the book in the auction was not, yet his first claim is that the book was damaged in the mail. If the book was indeed damaged in the mailing process as he claims, any damage to the book would have been caused during the mailing process. The buyer purchased shipping insurance on the item, yet is refusing to file a claim with the postal service and is demanding that I return his money immeditaly without receiving or seeing the item in question. He has threatened to report me to Ebay for fraud if I do not comply. This fact, coupled with the fact that he left negative feedback prior to allowing me time to respond to his email and is demanding refund without sending me pictures and prior to my receipt of the allegedly damaged book, is very suspicous. I am currently trying to resolve this matter through the proper channels (ie: damage claim with the postal service, contact with the buyer, etc.), however I want to assure you that the claim of fraud is false, and that the negative feedback is unfounded and was placed on my account without giving me an adequate chance to resolve the issue. If any of you would like more information or have concerns you would like to discuss, I encourage you to contact me. I am always happy to discuss any questions or concerns you may have.

Thank you."

Now who is telling the truth? Can we get scans??? confused-smiley-013.gif

never said that he was guilty or anything like that...I was just pointing out that he was also on valiantcomics.com....I thought some might like to know...I do know that the seller in question does like to spam his auctions and is very hardcore against cgc...if he is the same as the tdcomixncardz person(or whatever their name is) then there is some evidence against that person as well...trust me...You might not want to stick up for this guy just yet since you really dont have any evidence to disprove rocketeer yet either...

If tdcomixnxardz is this Leder fellow, then damn straight he's nothing but a common crook. On the off chance this instance isn't his fault, there are many, MANY, other examples of this lowlife being a scam artist.

So give us a break with trying to defend him. The prior evidence, to include the doctored scan just a few posts up of the same comic we are talking about here, speaks volumes about his untrustworthiness.

Jim

I don't know about the current problem, but he is guilty of fraud and there has been proof posted. You might want to watch out who you defend smart guy.