• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

And another E-bay seller to avoid

97 posts in this topic

Thanks for the clarification. Now I can see what you are saying. flowerred.gif

Do you have any other CGG books to compare what the seal should look like?

An option would be to send it to CGG and ask them if the seal is original or the well has been resealed. They should be able to tell. Photograph it extensively BEFORE sending to CGG.

Bringing to Baltimore is a good idea. Wish I could be there. sorry.gif How do you guys avoid the weekend family events I seem to have whenever there is a con? 893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

...Nope,...sadly this was my first and last,...and as for sending it to CGG...why?...first off from what I've read here , CGG suffers from less than reputable credibility,...and even if they agreed that the seal wasn't original is that going to get my money back?...sometimes you just have to take one in the nads, learn from your mistakes and move on,...and that's where I am,...obsessing on it is not going to help me....

Bringing to Baltimore is a good idea. Wish I could be there. sorry.gif How do you guys avoid the weekend family events I seem to have whenever there is a con? 893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

Convince the family that the con IS a family event! 27_laughing.gif

I guess the moral of this story is don't buy CGG books, especially from criminals.

Avoid Oregon for all your buying needs.

I mentioned the Oregon connection before and somebody yelled at me for it since Lighthouse is in Oregon too. Still not a good argument for avoiding Oregon. confused-smiley-013.gif

[quote1.)...The scan that Leder set up on the auction was cropped about a 1/2 in from the bottom,...he's taken the scan down so there is no way to show you ...

2.)...the case is cracked open on the bottom left corner ,...coincidentally just where the photo was cropped....

3.)...the entire book with label comes easily out of the case,...with one seal broken you can literally just open it up and slide it in and out

4.) .... ANYONE with a daisy seal-a-meal can take another book and seal it in a new inner well with any label,...and that's what I believe was done....period

...can I prove it?...no,..but I do know the difference between an 8.0 and a 9.8.....and I'm more than happy to float the book to anyone who wants to see,...I was planning to take it to Baltimore to do just that.....

Hi Rocketeer. Since this thread was bumped, I have to ask. Did you ever get the book to Baltimore for review? I found the aforementioned discussion to be very informative.

Hello: Ebay is most certainly not very safe as I have got scalped a few times. I dont collect or sell comic books but if your buying or selling sports cards, non sports cards or even toys give www.naxcom.com a try. Its safe and respected with a buyer and seller money back guarantee. Try it....Rob

Welcome to the Boards, Rob! thumbsup2.gif

Welcome to the boards! hi.gif

Now onto business.

My latest dealings with an eBay seller to avoid is.................. thehaytruck.

Many of you know he is the "worst keyword spammer in the history of eBay". But, did you also know, he runs scammy auctions and has THE WORST customer service I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with.

Here's what happened. He advertised a "Cerberus #1" first print with a BIN of $250 [note what appears to be misspelled version of Cerebus]. I email for a scan and verification of what the item is. NO REPLY. I went ahead and bid and won for $20. I figured what the heck, it's only $20, we'll see what I get. So what did I get? NOTHING!

Two weeks pass. After a few unanswered emails regarding the status of the package, they state that it was insured and with the holidays it will take more time. So I cut them some slack.

Two more weeks pass with more unanswered emails. I ask what the status is and threaten to extact a refund through PayPal if they don't answer. They email back and say it was lost, but because it was insured for less $50, USPS can't track the package. They state that they will send their "last copy" via priority with delivery confirmation and I will have it in 3 days.

Two more weeks pass with more unanswered emails. I finally receive the package that was sent almost 2 wks after they said they would send it. And what do mine eyes behold??? A 70's European comic magazine called "Cerberus". Oh well. I wasn't really expecting a Cerebus #1. Heck, I would have been happy with a counterfeit copy. But I was expecting MUCH better service.

So in closing, DO NOT BUY from "thehaytruck".

BTW - every correspondence I sent them was headed "Cerebus #1"... they never corrected me or even stated what the item was. They knew exactly what they are doing and hope people will mistake their Cerberus for a Cerebus. Why else would they have had a $250 BIN. They sold another one a week after mine. I contacted the buyer and he fully expects to NOT get a Cerebus.

Sorry for the long sign-rantpost.gif.

[quote1.)...The scan that Leder set up on the auction was cropped about a 1/2 in from the bottom,...he's taken the scan down so there is no way to show you ...

2.)...the case is cracked open on the bottom left corner ,...coincidentally just where the photo was cropped....

3.)...the entire book with label comes easily out of the case,...with one seal broken you can literally just open it up and slide it in and out

4.) .... ANYONE with a daisy seal-a-meal can take another book and seal it in a new inner well with any label,...and that's what I believe was done....period

...can I prove it?...no,..but I do know the difference between an 8.0 and a 9.8.....and I'm more than happy to float the book to anyone who wants to see,...I was planning to take it to Baltimore to do just that.....

Hi Rocketeer. Since this thread was bumped, I have to ask. Did you ever get the book to Baltimore for review? I found the aforementioned discussion to be very informative.

....Nope,..i didn't take it to Baltimore,..since it was already out of the case at that point I just cut open the stay-fresh inside pouch and tossed it in with the rest of my economies with an order I subbed out on 08/29,...in fact I'm calling up for the grades in just a few minutes,...stay tunned....

I guess the moral of this story is don't buy CGG books, especially from criminals.

893whatthe.gif Hey, Wait a minute. Don't blame the whole state.

We have a bad enough rep with Tonya Harding. And I've made a few sales with no problems.

893whatthe.gif Hey, Wait a minute. Don't blame the whole state.

We have a bad enough rep with Tonya Harding. And I've made a few sales with no problems.

The only truly bad eBay transaction I've had was with a couple in Bend, OR. sumo.gif

They sold me a zip drive and never sent it. I tried to get a refund via:

1) PayPal

2) eBay

3) SquareTrade

I finally reported them to the some Oregon State authorities (don't remember exactly). They were sent a letter stating it will be on their "Permanent Record" or something. They sent me a letter saying they will refund the money. It never happened. I'm still bitter about my lost $92, dammit!

So 893censored-thumb.gif Oregon, as far as I'm concerned! mad.gif

tongue.gif

BTW - sellers id was "greedypaws" I believe. Guess I shoulda known, huh? foreheadslap.gif

Don't feel bad - I mad the same Cerebus/Cerberus 1 mistake for $20 as well foreheadslap.gif

Welcome to the club! 27_laughing.gif

At least it's not as bad as, oh I don't know... paying for a Hulk 181 that never shows up. Ouch!

Talk to forumite Scottish, if he ever pops back into here. I piad for a complete hulk 181 and got not only a missing MVS, but a clipped coupon as well that ate 3 panels of the story foreheadslap.gif