• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I have to take a Number Two!

46 posts in this topic

Number Two issue, that is!

During the '80s back issue market, G.I. Joe #2 was actually quite a bit more pricey than #1, due to issue #2 being way underordered and legitimately much more scarce...

...it was in that window of time where retailers didn't have the chance to gauge the sell-through of #1 before they had to place their orders for #2. So, they were kinda ordering #2 based on no previous series sales data, not knowing how big the debut Marvel's G.I. Joe would be. (They knew by the time they had to order issue #3, presumably.)

Other examples of a #2 issue that fell into this scenario? That it was way underordered?

VF / NM

Actually, thought of another example: Nick Fury vs. Shield #2 (limited series, 1988-ish Copper Age), was underordered, and I remember it going for $20 range at its peak.

VF / NM

WTTB. Get yer thick skin ready!!

If you're going to insist that every other post starts a thread, at least drag them out of the utterly tedious.

I use a threads created/total posts formula to rate the noobs.

In this case it would be 10/27 = 37%

If you're going to insist that every other post starts a thread, at least drag them out of the utterly tedious.

I use a threads created/total posts formula to rate the noobs.

In this case it would be 10/27 = 37%

:facepalm:

Good christ man. :facepalm:

You can't have A Fey Vermin Intern without VeryFineNearMint. (thumbs u

Hah! I actually had to Google "WTTB," didn't know what it meant. "Welcome to the Board," correct? Tough room here?
Yes but your seeming sense of humor might take you places here. And SF's post above is hilarious.