• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yet another eBay buyer to block

220 posts in this topic

Chargeback is the return of funds to a consumer, forcibly initiated by the issuing bank of the instrument used by a consumer to settle a debt. Specifically, it is the reversal of a prior outbound transfer of funds from a consumer's bank account, line of credit, or credit card

Which i didnt ask for, i took responsibility for my purchase and am selling it stating at 2.99 on ebay so i am willing to take a loss

Get straight about the issues here - you can have a beef that RMA maligned your character in advance, implying the chances were that you would initiate a chargeback. So that's something to tussle about if you want.

Also, RMA is posting this so that other board members be aware of your transaction and block you as a bidder if they want. So be pizzed about that if you want.

But don't go on about him saying you asked for a chargeback at the end. He didn't. He just thought you would.

all that is true, and the part bout bein pizzed from the blocking part, thats where you should be.

and i do have to defend myself because it was implied i asked for money back once i saw the description when i didnt

No, it wasn't implied.

RMA was placing odds on the fact that you "might" attempt a charge-back. And, quite frankly, after what you wrote about consulting a "professional" I would have been too at the time.

You wrote:

"Hi i bought this comic a few weeks ago and it looked great but upon taken it to a professional to check it he pointed out several creases on the spine that seem to have been colored in to hide them in the photos. i know the policy is 14 days but the item is clearly not a 9.4 and i paid alot of money for it i am emailing to try and get a refund"

The timing, the fact that the CT was clearly disclosed in the listing, and the "professional" remark would make any seller think that this is a case of buyer's remorse rather than a misunderstanding. I'm glad this is not the case.

No offense but... RMA has in the description that it is color touched.

To me and many others that should suit anyone just fine.

Again, people need to reed.

And spel. (thumbs u

i kin spel werdz

i always have my comics checked by a pro like i said i didnt read the description i saw the 9.4 uncanny x-men and my eyes lit up i look at the pictures and thats how i made my decision once he pointed out that he did put color touch i squashed it knowing it was my fault he didnt imply that i would do chargeback he made it seem like i wrote it

Chargeback is the return of funds to a consumer, forcibly initiated by the issuing bank of the instrument used by a consumer to settle a debt. Specifically, it is the reversal of a prior outbound transfer of funds from a consumer's bank account, line of credit, or credit card

Which i didnt ask for, i took responsibility for my purchase and am selling it stating at 2.99 on ebay so i am willing to take a loss

Welcome to the boards. Shame that you found us thanks to a ebay dispute.

i always have my comics checked by a pro like i said i didnt read the description i saw the 9.4 uncanny x-men and my eyes lit up i look at the pictures and thats how i made my decision once he pointed out that he did put color touch i squashed it knowing it was my fault he didnt imply that i would do chargeback he made it seem like i wrote it

I'm out.

No offense but... RMA has in the description that it is color touched.

To me and many others that should suit anyone just fine.

Again, people need to reed.

And spel. (thumbs u

Speaking of which... since when did Safari do automatic spell check and spell correction?

i never disputed i sent him an email stating my concerns and once he showed me he was in the right i let it be

Why not just keep it? You have a gorgeous X-Men #94 and paid right around what it is worth in restored condition.(especially considering it is extremely minor restoration) Was your desire to get a really good looking #94 to keep or to flip a book you thought you were getting on the cheap?

I'm out.

COMMAS ,,,,,,,,,,

i never disputed i sent him an email stating my concerns and once he showed me he was in the right i let it be

Why not just keep it? You have a gorgeous X-Men #94 and paid right around what it is worth in restored condition.(especially considering it is extremely minor restoration) Was your desire to get a really good looking #94 to keep or to flip a book you thought you were getting on the cheap?

NO dont keep it, sell it to me on freebay, i'll love it and give it a good home.

and seriously, it aint nobody's business why you wanted the book, and if you answer this question, remember its a loaded question, there is no right answer, if you wanted a good lookin copy, then y aint u keepin it, and if you wanted to flip it, then all hell will break loose.

I believe you.

I was just trying to explain to you why, given the circumstances, a seller would be worried about a charge-back.

At the very least, you have probably learned a valuable lesson. It's extremely important to read the listing in its entirety and even ask additional questions in order to avoid problems.

By the way, welcome to the boards.

Says the returner. :whatev: