• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Golden Age: All Star Comics 4-57 (all cgc, almost a full run)

90 posts in this topic

That #33 is drool-worthy :insane:
to be quite honest, I priced that one so I could "keep"... I didn't include my 36 in cgc 8.0 or my #8...

I did sell my crippen 3 last year, and I still have my jerry bails run of 50-57...I love all stars, just bought this run to "sell"

.....if you look at what Timely's are selling for, these are a bargain....and loaded with quality. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

all stars are cyclical...

10-20 years ago, DC enthusiasts didn't dare call themselves a "true" golden age collector unless they had All Stars in their collection... advent of cgc and the cover driven collecting focus, and All stars have lost some luster (most all selling below guide)...given a bit of time, I think they will make a resurgence and prices today will seem "cheap"...

Gator, I'm old enough to have seen the previous cycle, and have friends older still that remember early fandom....in the mid Sixties you weren't considered to be a true comics fan unless you had a COMPLETE run of All Star.

That #33 is drool-worthy :insane:
to be quite honest, I priced that one so I could "keep"... I didn't include my 36 in cgc 8.0 or my #8...

I did sell my crippen 3 last year, and I still have my jerry bails run of 50-57...I love all stars, just bought this run to "sell"

.....if you look at what Timely's are selling for, these are a bargain....and loaded with quality. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

all stars are cyclical...

10-20 years ago, DC enthusiasts didn't dare call themselves a "true" golden age collector unless they had All Stars in their collection... advent of cgc and the cover driven collecting focus, and All stars have lost some luster (most all selling below guide)...given a bit of time, I think they will make a resurgence and prices today will seem "cheap"...

Gator, I'm old enough to have seen the previous cycle, and have friends older still that remember early fandom....in the mid Sixties you weren't considered to be a true comics fan unless you had a COMPLETE run of All Star.

not just the 60's, but this held true into the 80's, as when I started seriously collecting DC GA, I was told to "start with All Stars"!

ok, any more last minute requests...books are being packed up in a few hours for megacon...after that, this thread can remain open, as I can always pull books from megacon display, but after saturday, thread will be closed

folks, these are the books that are tentatively sold/ currently on hold

#5 CGC 8.0

#7 CGC 9.0

#13 CGC 8.0

#17 CGC 8.5

#20 CGC 8.0

#21 CGC 9.0

#25 CGC 8.5

#27 CGC 8.0

#34 CGC 8.0

#41 CGC 8.0

#43 CGC 9.0

#46 CGC 8.0

#50 CGC 8.0

#54 CGC 8.5

#55 CGC 8.5

ok , these have all sold via PM (thumbs u

Very nice! :applause:

ok, any more last minute requests...books are being packed up in a few hours for megacon...after that, this thread can remain open, as I can always pull books from megacon display, but after saturday, thread will be closed
:applause: megacon!

I am not 100% sure if I will even display books at megacon, might be more productive to leave them available here in this thread...so, I'll announce if thread will close early or stay open (thumbs u