• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, what else do you love to collect other than comics?

155 posts in this topic

Yeah, I know this question has been asked here many times before, but I always find folks' responses fascinating. So, I figured, why not ask it again?

Besides, I know how much everyone enjoys talking about their collections & other things that they're passionate about.

So, I'll get things started by listing off some of the other things that I collect:

Monster/horror magazines - This collection goes back even a bit farther into my childhood than my love of comic books. As the very earliest publication of any kind that I can rember my Mom buying for me was an issue of FAMOUS MONSTERS when I was five. From that point on, I asked for every issue of FM that followed throughout my youth. Not only that, but I also begged for every issue of CASTLE OF FRANKENSTEIN, FOR MONSTERS ONLY, THE MONSTER TIMES, MONSTERS OF THE MOVIES etc. that I saw on the shelves as well. Which gave way for my subsequent collecting of FANGORIA, CINEFANTASTIQUE, RUE MORGUE & HORRORHOUND as an adult.

Boxing memorabilia - Which began with my first purchase of copies of BOXING ILLUSTRATED & THE RING shortly after I became a life long rabid fan of the sport at 14 in 1976. For a few years it was just magazines that I collected, then my collection expanded into posters, programs, autographed 8 x 10s, books, tickets... pretty much you name it. If it had to do with pro boxing, I collected it. For almost three decades. By which point, my collection was expanding to proportions that made it more & more difficult to find room for. So, by necessity in 2004, I made some significant & painful cuts to my collection & sold off the excess. More or less putting a moratorium on my collection for a few years. One that I just recently ended with the purchase of several new additions to my vintage magazine collection, which has stimulated my passion for my boxing mag collection to a level I haven't felt for MANY years. So, what's old is new all over again in this case. lol.

I also have ongoing collections of Stephen King first edition hardcovers, vintage horror paperbacks, ( the original digest sized ) TV GUIDEs featuring covers of particular interest to me, monster/genre film & superhero action figures, boxing & UFC action figures, among other things...

So now, let's hear about your's.

Mike Schmidt baseball cards. I love rookies from the early 80s like mattingly strawberry etc. I couldn't afford them when I was a kid and love to get them now.

I love collecting Catfish Hunter cause he was a Yank and also a NC boy as well as Thurman Munson.

Mike Schmidt baseball cards. I love rookies from the early 80s like mattingly strawberry etc. I couldn't afford them when I was a kid and love to get them now.

I love collecting Catfish Hunter cause he was a Yank and also a NC boy as well as Thurman Munson.

Yanks sux tho. :grin:

I'm not sure if it counts as collecting yet but I love firearms. I have 20 so far. I plan on having every WWII military bolt action at some point but only have 4 so far (Australian Enfield, Mosin Nagant, K-98 Mauser, MAS-36).

I'm not sure if it counts as collecting yet but I love firearms. I have 20 so far. I plan on having every WWII military bolt action at some point but only have 4 so far (Australian Enfield, Mosin Nagant, K-98 Mauser, MAS-36).
...just keep them away from the kiddies... :blush:

:sorry:

Of COURSE you know THIS means WAR!!!!

bugsbunnyMinuteman.jpg

I collect Gentle Giant LTD (Star Wars, Marvel)items, Star Wars and TMNT action figures. animated cells, autographs, and LA/St Louis Rams stuff.

I was lucky, I was in Target in the 80's and they had some TMNT animated cells for $14.99.

Yeah firearms are my #1 hobby. The blacker the rifle, the more evil it is in the collection. :)

But yeah I have a Mosin and a Garand when it comes to WWII area stuff.