• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, what else do you love to collect other than comics?

155 posts in this topic

MTG cards (play more than i collect) random toys & statues/busts mainly of marvel & other comic related stuff .... transformers he-man kamen rider starwars ... lately my focus has been comics & mtg & statues/busts ... since ECCC I am on a cgc SS kick of late ... hoping to get some more SS done at fan expo

Thanks. What do you have?

Right now a few corals (torches, brains, blastos, mushrooms), and a few fish ( blue tang, clown fish, vlamdi tang, a couple of damsel). I just lost two beautiful fish, a achilles tang and a harlequin tusk. I loved both fish :(

My 1929 Oakland 3 window business coupe,Autographs,current and vintage toys.

I think we need pictures of the Oakland. :applause:

1951 Dodge Coronet Club Coupe.

1951Dodge.jpg

This. is. cool.

1929 is the last year of the Oakland,in 1930 Oakland became Pontiac.As per the Pontiac/Oakland owners association,there are only three known to still exist.

MA3.jpg

MA1.jpg

Still in the restoration process,but it's all there.

What's really important is the all wood frame,(yes the body was nailed to the frame) ,is in such great shape.

206.jpg

202.jpg

OMG dude, that is sick. Good luck with the resto. So cool.

Thank you,it hasn't been easy finding certain parts.It has been alot of fun though.One thing you should keep in mind,this car was built during the great depression.Herbert Hoover was president,and people could barely afford bread let alone a two thousand dollar car.Two thousand dollars was a years salary back then,so there wasn't many made from the onset.It was a high end car for the time,if you see the pic of the passenger side of the car,there is a side door that is solely made for golf clubs.I didn't want to restore just any car,Ford model A's are all over the place.I wanted something different,and I have it in spades with this car. :cloud9:

Um... not to butt in, but for some people, $16000 is a years salary, and that is the cheap end for a car nowadays (think what the asking price for a Mini Cooper or a Fiat 500 Pop is) - now think about what a semi-luxury car costs.

:/

-slym (has always liked the wood-framed cars)

Um... not to butt in, but for some people, $16000 is a years salary, and that is the cheap end for a car nowadays (think what the asking price for a Mini Cooper or a Fiat 500 Pop is) - now think about what a semi-luxury car costs.

:/

-slym (has always liked the wood-framed cars)

It's all relevant my friend. (thumbs u

1929 is the last year of the Oakland,in 1930 Oakland became Pontiac.As per the Pontiac/Oakland owners association,there are only three known to still exist.

MA3.jpg

Very nice. What are you using for reference material? Are either of the other two fully/accurately restored?

OMG dude, that is sick. Good luck with the resto. So cool.

Thank you,it hasn't been easy finding certain parts.It has been alot of fun though.One thing you should keep in mind,this car was built during the great depression.Herbert Hoover was president,and people could barely afford bread let alone a two thousand dollar car.Two thousand dollars was a years salary back then,so there wasn't many made from the onset.It was a high end car for the time,if you see the pic of the passenger side of the car,there is a side door that is solely made for golf clubs.I didn't want to restore just any car,Ford model A's are all over the place.I wanted something different,and I have it in spades with this car. :cloud9:

Well, this car is well worthy of a lifetime effort to restore. GL finding the parts. I just think this is ballzout cool.