• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, what else do you love to collect other than comics?

155 posts in this topic

I have Harlan Ellison's first typewriter.

TypewriterHarlan2_zpsfd001b3b.jpg

typewriter6_zps5645a44b.jpg

I fargin' LOVE this.

What a sweet piece of sci-fi, comic, TV, Movie, literature, celebrity HISTORY.

I have Harlan Ellison's first typewriter.

TypewriterHarlan2_zpsfd001b3b.jpg

typewriter6_zps5645a44b.jpg

I fargin' LOVE this.

What a sweet piece of sci-fi, comic, TV, Movie, literature, celebrity HISTORY.

It was in the SciFi Museum in Seattle for a while, until he got in an argument with them about the Hall of Fame and demanded it back. :makepoint:

I get asked this a lot and have yet to fully answer so here is the list. Note that this is quite long and I am sure I will think of many more items after the list is done, but for now...here it is (in no particular order):

Art (vintage and contemporary)

Art Glass (from all ages and origins)

Art Pottery (from all ages and origins)

Antique glass bottles and related objects (i.e. target balls, poison bottles, etc.)

Vintage Advertising (specializing in vintage soda and petroleum collectibles)

AFA Graded toys and action figures - vintage to a few modern

Lego

CGC Graded comic books (with a focus on 1963 to 1975 mostly)

Graded coins and currency (US only with a focus on pre-1935 coinage and notes)

Vintage robots and related space toys

Marbles (machine and hand made; vintage and contemporary with a focus on high end and rare pieces only)

Movie posters and Graded CGC lobby cards

Political and historical memorabilia

First edition books and related literature

Video Games (I hold a premier collection of over 10,000 vintage video games)

PEZ Dispensers

Disney Dollars and related memorabilia

Vintage Models and monster related collectibles

Mid Century modern furniture and Art Deco period pieces

Victorian era furniture and related antiques

General antiques

Hollywood/entertainment memorabilia

What I will NOT collect:

Dolls

Anything related to the slavery, capture, or specialized torture of another human being

Kind Regards,

mint

thanks-for-the-huge-picture_o_1517721.jpg

Forgot to resize...my bad! I fixed it. There's a bunch of crabby :censored: on this board! A simple PM would suffice! I'm kinda new if you didn't notice! :mad:

Don't take it so personal - I give that pic out to most everyone who puts up a super-size pic. I actually thought it was funny that the large pictures were being hosted by "tinypic.com."

;)

-slym

Well I don't know if I would consider this collecting yet, and I'm surely not in it for investment reasons but I'm gonna try out a new hobby I've been tinkering around with for the last year. I watched the documentary "special when lit" and it sparked my interest to give pinball a try and I ended up finding it quite enjoyable. along with being fun, I find some of the machines beautiful to look at honestly. I just purchased my first one which is being shipped across the country, I should have it in a few weeks. I don't know if anyone else on these boards shares my interest in pinball but I just thought I would share anyway. Here it is.

creature2_zps5fa71e2c.jpg

creature1_zps9629447d.jpg

creature3_zps2d4b6813.jpg

That's awesome! Creature from the Black Lagoon. :cloud9: Looks like a really nice pinball machine! :applause:

Well I don't know if I would consider this collecting yet, and I'm surely not in it for investment reasons but I'm gonna try out a new hobby I've been tinkering around with for the last year. I watched the documentary "special when lit" and it sparked my interest to give pinball a try and I ended up finding it quite enjoyable. along with being fun, I find some of the machines beautiful to look at honestly. I just purchased my first one which is being shipped across the country, I should have it in a few weeks. I don't know if anyone else on these boards shares my interest in pinball but I just thought I would share anyway. Here it is.

creature2_zps5fa71e2c.jpg

creature1_zps9629447d.jpg

creature3_zps2d4b6813.jpg

Stay cool, Daddy-O.

I loved that pinball when I was younger and worked at an arcade/pool hall. Played it all the time.