• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Las Vegas Comic Con June 14-16

48 posts in this topic

Let's not muddle the thread here.

I live in LA, Bill lives in San Diego, where the books are warehoused.

It was my understanding that with several thousand packages shipped in a number of years that some issues may come up. If parties haven't been addressed- my email is open, and I will be ore than happy to handle each individually, not publicly.

Let's keep this thread about the convention please.

The problem, of course, is that people have tried to approach you for years...let me say that again...years...through e-mail channels, and have been ignored.

It is "Jay Company", and last time I checked, you were Jimmy Jay.

And the "with several thousand packages shipped in a number of years" is just an excuse, the same as "this problem has NEVER happened before." It doesn't hold any water with the people who's money your company, that your name is on, took, and haven't resolved in many years, through many attempts. Yes, some issues come up. But taking years to resolve those issues, and being impossible to communicate with in the duration, is utterly unacceptable.

This is...quite literally...the first response some have ever gotten from multiple, multiple attempts at communication. Do not be surprised, then, that it took a little "thread muddling" to get it done. In case I'm unclear, let me spell it out: it was your company's utter lack of responsibility for these issues that made "muddling this thread" the option of last resort. Had they been resolved appropriately, this wouldn't have been necessary.

Let's hope it does finally resolve things. The next stop is the probation list.

BIG GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT:

Stan Lee is coming to AMAZING LAS VEGAS COMIC, June 14-15-16.

He joins other guests-

*Greg Capullo- Batman

*Rick Remender- Captain America, Uncanny Avengers, X-Force

*Skottie Young- Marvel Comics' Baby Variants, Wizard of OZ

*Humberto Ramos- Amazing Spider-Man 700

*Ryan Stegman- Superior Spider-man

*Scott Lobdell- Superman, Action, Teen Titans, Red Hood & Outlaws

*Gerry Duggan- Deadpool

*Mat Nastos- Phineas & Ferb

*Tony Fleecs- My Little Pony

*Joshua Fialkov- Ultimates

*Brian Buccellato- Flash

*Jessica Nigri- Cosplay Superstar

And many others.

Studios/Companies- Boom Studios, Aspen, Top Cow, Big Dog Ink

Here's the link:

http://amazinglasvegascomiccon.com/2013/04/las-vegas-gets-amazing-with-stan-lee-comic-book-icon-stan-the-man-lee-comes-to-las-vegas-for-the-first-comic-con-of-2013/

Tickets on sale now.

We hope to see you out!

I was in Heaven when I heard the Stan Lee news last week, I was devastated when he had to cancel last minute due to health problems for the Phoenix show in January. I will be at the Drink and Draw next week, I've always wanted to check one out, even though I have virtually no artistic ability. I did hire my employees for StripSide Comics and Sportscards, and one of them is an amazing local artist named Sig Henriquez who I hope will represent us at the Drink and Draw also. We're opening the shop right across the street from the South Point the day before (May 1st), so please stop by with whatever fliers or posters you have for the show Jimmy, we'll be happy to help you promote the show. Can't wait!

Jason- i can'[t wait to check out the store!

Certainly jealous of those SWEET Jim Lee pics you got at the last AMAZING COMIC CON in Phoenix. I'm sure there will be more pleasant surprises like that one at this year's Amazing Las Vegas Comic Con ;)

As for the Drink & Draw-

This will be very informal compared to the more Traditional D&D nights. More or less we wanted an evening where our crew at AMAZING could hang out and meet many of the locals.

Whether you own a store in town, or are getting a booth, or just like comics in general, we hope that you would come out and have a drink on us!