• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I LOVE THIS HOBBY!

19 posts in this topic

I RECEIVED a few ofmy "grails" yesterday and everytime i get new books it just fuels the fire to buy more!!!

nothing nicer than opening up that mail box full of treasures....

arriving were a hulk 1 cgc 4.0, fantasy 15 cgc 4.0- both really solid low grade copies with great color and inks

and a jim 62 ccg 7.5 which was really solid too

and a thor 148 cgc 9.4 which really looked 9.6 but just killer anyways

a big shout out to kim alvarez who sold me the fantasy 15 and odyssey comics for the hulk 1

now, anybody out there with a tos 39 cgc 4.0 they want to sell or trade??

Actually I do have a TOS 39 in a/b that shape -- signed by Stan Lee. I'm looking to upgrade to a 6.0-ish. Find me one in that range at a decent price and we can probably work something out.

tth2- thanx, u must keep us posted on how your key dc search goes

FFB- sorry mate, dont think i'll part with it unless i find a nicer one.........

Good luck. Capt. Tripps told me he "might" be able to find me a 9.4 for "ten times guide." 893frustrated.gif

I RECEIVED a few ofmy "grails" yesterday and everytime i get new books it just fuels the fire to buy more!!!

arriving were a hulk 1 cgc 4.0, fantasy 15 cgc 4.0- both really solid low grade copies with great color and inks

a big shout out to kim alvarez who sold me the fantasy 15 and odyssey comics for the hulk 1

Not in the same league here but yesterday I got a parcel from Ted at Superworld and I got a Spidey 102 vfn/nm to finish off my run of 100/101/102 and a nm copy of x-men 134 to complete my dark phoenix saga. cloud9.gif

Best of all it only took 8 days to get here and shipping was $16.00

893applaud-thumb.gif

Not in the same league here but yesterday I got a parcel from Ted at Superworld and I got a Spidey 102 vfn/nm to finish off my run of 100/101/102 and a nm copy of x-men 134 to complete my dark phoenix saga. cloud9.gif

Best of all it only took 8 days to get here and shipping was $16.00

893applaud-thumb.gif

I finally got to meet Ted Van Liew at WW Chicago. What a great guy. I love it when I'm looking over a dealer's book and he's as genuinely excited about the contents as I am. We had a great chat about the Dr. Doom-steals-Silver-Surfer's-powers scene in FF#57 and geeked out over the various panels as I flipped through the book. And then he sold it to me for a nice discount along with some other sweet books, like an FF#55! 27_laughing.gif

Sounds like you received quite a haul yesterday! The feeling of getting a book you've wanted for years, whether at a convention or in the mail, is indescribable!

Congratulations on your purchases!

I finally got to meet Ted Van Liew at WW Chicago. What a great guy. I love it when I'm looking over a dealer's book and he's as genuinely excited about the contents as I am. We had a great chat about the Dr. Doom-steals-Silver-Surfer's-powers scene in FF#57 and geeked out over the various panels as I flipped through the book. And then he sold it to me for a nice discount along with some other sweet books, like an FF#55! 27_laughing.gif

Ted is the nicest dealer around. Always a pleasure to talk to him. And, you're right, you can 'geek out' with him at his table. He's always done right by me. The first time I met him, I was hunting Steranko's. I talked with him for 30 minutes about killer covers.

Also, love the fact that he won't sell the original FF#86 that he bought off the rack as a kid. He's a dealer, but he's a fanboy as well.