• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which Marvel Copper stories you consider the best (and why)?

106 posts in this topic

Thanks. But again, Alien Legion is not Marvel universe, right? hm

Sorry, kinda strayed to the fringes.

Epic Comics (also known as the Epic Comics Group)[1] was a creator-owned imprint of Marvel Comics started in 1982, lasting through the mid-1990s, and being briefly revived on a small scale in the mid-2000s.

Thanks. But again, Alien Legion is not Marvel universe, right? hm

Sorry, kinda strayed to the fringes.

Epic Comics (also known as the Epic Comics Group)[1] was a creator-owned imprint of Marvel Comics started in 1982, lasting through the mid-1990s, and being briefly revived on a small scale in the mid-2000s.

people are confusing Marvel COMICS with Marvel UNIVERSE.

The OP is talking about 616 MU.

:cloud9:

This thread is bringing back some great memories. Completely agree with the comments about Under Siege. I read pretty much every Marvel of the eighties but my favourite is Kraven's Last Hunt.

Hell, I even lover the New Universe. Especially Starbrand and Justice.(different universe I know).

Again, many thanks to everyone, although I reject the idea of "Earth 616", as it‘s the mother of all "retroactive continuty" to me, in the worst possible sense of the word… lol

I wish to clarify that I have nothing against the Epic line, I am just trying to focus on what is considered more worthy of the Marvel age titles of the early 1980s, as I am less familiar with them. But I also think I am missing a lot from Silver and Bronze, so I may do the same in these sections.

The New Universe was an interesting concept, I just think they were afraid to make it thoroughly "non superhero" and the "midway" decision pretty much killed it. You can do stories involving, for example, strong moral reflections, a heroic conception or important themes even without superpowers.

Roger Stern/John Byrne Captain America run (247-255)

6a00cdf3ac0c23cb8f00d09e4f3d1bbe2b.jpg

Absolutely! I am just filling the holes in my Jack Kirby and Steve Gerber et al runs, then I have to look for those. Baron Blood… :D

ASM Hobgoblin 238-239.

Spectacular Spidey Sin Eater Storyline

Simonson Thor

Right, I have #239 coming, although I am a little reluctant to spend on #238. Which would be other issues concerning Hobgoblin which one must have to follow the storyline? I seem to get Hobgoblin had been around for some time. Where, for example, it’s explained what made Ned Leeds to turn into the Hobgoblin?

Which are the issues of the "Sin Eater"? Are those the same they suggested (Jean DeWolff)?

Thor, I have them, I just have to read them! :)

OK for Spidey, but from all that I have ever seen of that (starting from the very idea of it) have not prompted me to read it. :D

There is also to say that I generally don’t like many things Jim Shooter promoted in his tenure as an Editor in Chief, and this is his "baby", so to speak. ;)

Right, I have #239 coming, although I am a little reluctant to spend on #238. Which would be other issues concerning Hobgoblin which one must have to follow the storyline? I seem to get Hobgoblin had been around for some time. Where, for example, it’s explained what made Ned Leeds to turn into the Hobgoblin?

Which are the issues of the "Sin Eater"? Are those the same they suggested (Jean DeWolff)?

Thor, I have them, I just have to read them! :)

Yes, Sin-Eater is same as Jean DeWolff (PPTSSM #107-110).

Really dug Punisher 49

Punisher_Vol_2_49.jpg

It was a stand alone story about a kidnapping/ransom that Big P foils, but in the process gets tagged in the gut and is then hunted through a snow blanketed forest. This is the very first time I read a Pun story and wasnt a 100% that he was gonna make it through to the end. It really shows how much of a bad writer I am when trying to write about other peoples great stories :facepalm: Anyways, big props to Ron Wagner for the pencils and Chuck Dixon for an AMAZING story!!!

First 27 G.I. Joe books. Then Hasbro's need for every single toy they made to be shoe horned into the book, made it a bit silly.

G.I. Joe? May be good but I don’t think they are Marvel universe, right? Thanks, anyway. :)

- The Death of Captain Marvel GN by Starlin

- X-Men : God Loves, Man Kills GN by Claremont

Thanks, but… both purchased and read around 1989-90. ;)

I don't know about that. The character Moon Knight is mentioned in the GI Joe books so makes you think that maybe GI Joe is.

Just a thought.