• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Different FF Movie Poll

Impact Of CGI  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Impact Of CGI

7 posts in this topic

Just got back from Spiderman 2 .

The effect of Doc Ock " walking " up the building was straight out of the comic book .

So for us " nerds " it was great , BUT it was also great for the comic book virgins as it was so dramatic .

So why not have an FF movie straight from the comics us " nerds " would be in the know , but if handled right non nerds would also love it .

I'd love to see the movie focus on the Silver Age origin, dealing with powers, and a key villain, much in the same vein as the Spidey movie. Something about a bunch of bickering super-heroes could be lots of fun if handled correctly. I'm sure Doom will be the main villain but it would be fun to see them tackle the Skrulls story in issue 2.

So much potential for a franchise with this one. Movie 1 could be origin + Doom. Movie 2 could be the Galactus saga. Heck, bring in the other movie crossovers!! Movie 3 could be FF vs Hulk! Movie 4 is DD/Dr. Doom (from FF 39 and 40). Ok, maybe I'm getting carried away here insane.gif

Plus with the subplots of Stretcho and Sue, Johnny the philanderer, and Ben/Alicia you have great opportunity for human interest sides of the characters.

Buoyed by the success of Spidey 1 and 2 and X-Men 1 and 2, we can hope and dream...... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

So far, I like the cast of FF. But, as I understand it, the FX budget for this movie has been cut and slashed, so I'm not convinced that they'll have enough time or money to do the job right. Since FF was one of the two comic book subscriptions that I had as a kid, I'd really love to see the movie done right.