• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phoenix Comic Con May 23-26

85 posts in this topic

I think over all the con was well attended. They expanded the floor area a little from 2012, and increased aisle width too. It seemed there was more Cosplay than in 2012 and many of the costumes were in general more "realistic/professional" looking. Probably the same amount of dealers, but someone can certainly correct me on that. Artists alley was busy all days for the most part. Todd McFarlane showed up at Greg Capullo's booth around 2:00 Sunday and actually signed posters, etc. The line to get Capullo signatures was long, long, long Sunday morning.

I had already left, but understand that the con was evacuated around 4:00 pm. Someone purposely activated the fire alarm. I hope they draw and quarter the person(s) who did it, if this holds true. Well not really ... but what a jerk or jerks.

I was able to get some SS books, and a few sketch covers:

Jim Chung with Iron Patriot

CheungJim-IronPatriotinHand_zps59e74ab6.jpg

CheungJim-IronPatriotRaw_zpsd02f2d16.jpg

Stuart Sayger with Harley Quinn

SaygerStuart-HarleyQuinninHand_zps0525580f.jpg

SaygerStuart-HarleyQuinnRaw_zps46bd77b9.jpg

EVS sketch of Harley Quinn

VanSciverEthan-HarleyQuinnArkhamRaw_zpse6ff7c5a.jpg

As always Curt you are the man with some crazy ideas for sketches. All are killer, Chuuuunnnggg, why Chung. Sayger is insane sick pick, great pick up on all three.

Gigi :cloud9: <3

Word to all. If you ever have Mario (Reptilekingdie) take a photograph of you, make sure he tells you in advance that he is taking the picture. Something like ... "say cheese," or "1 2 3 ..." You know, just a hint of some kind.

GiGiEdgleyPCC2013_zpsca266691.jpg

Your welcome pal, this lady is beautiful by the way. Worth the wait right Curt. See you in SDCC.

There was a small fire in one of the kitchen's in the food court at about 4:15. We all had to evacuate. They let everyone back in by 4:50 and extended the show hours until 6:30. I left by 6 as I had a plane to catch.