• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

a FIN FANG FOOM question

26 posts in this topic

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Good question! And I don't recall seeing anything in print about it, so I dunno.

Since ST89 was out prior to the heroes and the creation of Friends Of Old Marvel, it's possible they came up with the FOOM acronym to play off the Fin Fang Foom name. But who knows? Wow, that'd be a good question to ask Stan Lee.....

893applaud-thumb.gif

1) No. He didn't have shorts on in Thor #341.

Hate to break it to ya FFB, but that isn't Fin Fang Foom.... heck, on the fourth panel of the page you've scanned as an example he calls himself "FAFNIR OF NASTROND", an old foe of Thor's..

Kev

Hate to break it to ya FFB, but that isn't Fin Fang Foom.... heck, on the fourth panel of the page you've scanned as an example he calls himself "FAFNIR OF NASTROND", an old foe of Thor's..

Kev

foreheadslap.gif

You mean you actually READ these things? insane.gif

I thought for sure that was Fin Fang Foom. I mean, for YEARS I've thought that. Whoo boy, what a dork I am.

Superworld has a pretty decent looking VG/F copy of ST 89 on their website in the gallery section right now for $285. I was tempted to buy it today after all this Fin Fang Foom talk, but decided on a high grade (well, if you consider VF+ high grade) ST 114 instead.

Superworld Comics

Kev

I really didn't remember Fin being in that run,but it has been some 20 years and a couple hundred thousand read comics ago. I remember him popping up in Thor a few years later,but that turned out to be another dragon in disguise.

I think he should adopt a human form and join the New Avengers,similar to Mark Dragon from the old Southern Knights.