• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

How about we go to the movies and ditch any pre-conceptions or expectations and just see if a movie can entertain us for 2 hours on a Saturday afternoon?

Basically, as far as super-hero films are concerned, that's why I don't get involved with the rabid speculation here. I just turn up to watch the film without any form of investment or pressure, trough a large bag of toffee popcorn, and hope to enjoy the experience. :wishluck:

But some of you aren't happy until Galactus the Purple People Eater is wearing the same exact short-shorts that he was designed with in 1966 and anything else is heresy.

lol

Green Lantern probably saved some money reusing footage from Rise Of The Surfer for Parallax.

I can't speak for everyone else, but for me my comments had nothing to do with comic accuracy. I've never read GotG and really have no idea what it's about. I have no preconceptions.

My comment was about the effectiveness of the trailer.

The job of a movie trailer is to motivate the audience to go see the movie. This trailer didn't do that more me. For me, it didn't do it's job. It's is as simple as that.

If this film wants to have a light, comedic tone that's fine, I've got no problem with that. But then it needs to be actually funny. I can tell where I'm expected to laugh, but I just didn't. And I have a pretty healthy sense of humor.

I'm not hating on this movie. If they release a better trailer or it gets great reviews and word of mouth, I'll go see it. But based on what I've seen at this point, I'm not planning on it.

It's not nerd rage or a boycott. It's just being selective about what I spend my entertainment dollars on.

How about we go to the movies and ditch any pre-conceptions or expectations and just see if a movie can entertain us for 2 hours on a Saturday afternoon?

Basically, as far as super-hero films are concerned, that's why I don't get involved with the rabid speculation here. I just turn up to watch the film without any form of investment or pressure, trough a large bag of toffee popcorn, and hope to enjoy the experience. :wishluck:

+1,000

I understand people have their beloved characters and titles they read, and I can appreciate that. I get tired of people whining and complaining that this actor isn't this, or the character never looked like that, or that never happened :blahblah:

I'm with the folks who appreciate the pop corn and soda part of having a good time at a movie. If I turn into one of these curmudgeons I hope someone slaps the poop right outta' me. :slapfight:

It's pretty damn cool that I live in a time where I have the chance to see all these great comic based movies being made.

+1,000

I understand people have their beloved characters and titles they read, and I can appreciate that. I get tired of people whining and complaining that this actor isn't this, or the character never looked like that, or that never happened :blahblah:

I'm with the folks who appreciate the pop corn and soda part of having a good time at a movie. If I turn into one of these curmudgeons I hope someone slaps the poop right outta' me. :slapfight:

It's pretty damn cool that I live in a time where I have the chance to see all these great comic based movies being made.

I couldnt agree more. Its kinda sickening how spoiled we are nowadays and how much we complain about these superhero movies. I remember growing up in the 80s/90s and I could only dream about an X Men movie being made. Its all at our doorstep now.

+1,000

I couldnt agree more. Its kinda sickening how spoiled we are nowadays and how much we complain about these superhero movies. I remember growing up in the 80s/90s and I could only dream about an X Men movie being made. Its all at our doorstep now.

Tru dat! I'm still all giddy about the Mandarin in IM3! The total lack of character research for Bane! Let's not forget the total disregard for the death of Capt. Steacy storyline. Yeah, I guess a giant planet eating cloud ain't so bad.

+1,000

Tru dat! I'm still all giddy about the Mandarin in IM3! The total lack of character research for Bane! Let's not forget the total disregard for the death of Capt. Steacy storyline. Yeah, I guess a giant planet eating cloud ain't so bad.

Like i said, spoiled.

I can't speak for everyone else, but for me my comments had nothing to do with comic accuracy. I've never read GotG and really have no idea what it's about. I have no preconceptions.

My comment was about the effectiveness of the trailer.

The job of a movie trailer is to motivate the audience to go see the movie. This trailer didn't do that more me. For me, it didn't do it's job. It's is as simple as that.

If this film wants to have a light, comedic tone that's fine, I've got no problem with that. But then it needs to be actually funny. I can tell where I'm expected to laugh, but I just didn't. And I have a pretty healthy sense of humor.

I'm not hating on this movie. If they release a better trailer or it gets great reviews and word of mouth, I'll go see it. But based on what I've seen at this point, I'm not planning on it.

It's not nerd rage or a boycott. It's just being selective about what I spend my entertainment dollars on.

Here is the thing I thought GOTG was one of the worst titles Marvel Comics has ever had.

GOTG the Marvel movie will obviously be one of the best movies Marvel Studios ever does.

Trailer 110% conveys my thoughts.

Millions will be made and Hulk 271 is already getting the pretty obvious 2nd bump very soon.........

Just watched the GOTG trailer again.

What a bunch of A-holes! lol

It looks so fun.

Already like the trailer more than all the lame Star Wars Episodes I II or III. :P

+1,000

Like i said, spoiled.

The Mandarin in IM 3 was BRILLIANT. One of the reasons I went back for a third helping was due to Kingsley's performance:

Mandarin: Ah, well, I had a little problem with... substances, and I, uh, ending up doing things, no two ways about it, in the street, that a man shouldn't do...

Tony Stark: Next?

Mandarin:: Then, they approached me about the role and they knew about the drugs...

Tony Stark: What did they say, they'd get you off them?

Mandarin: No, they said they'd give me more!

:roflmao:

I won't watch the trailer because in the past Marvel have included the occasional small-but-key scene, as in the one they produced for The Avengers. :facepalm:

Much happier to remain completely in the dark until I'm sat there on the day with my popcorn. (thumbs u

I won't watch the trailer because in the past Marvel have included the occasional small-but-key scene, as in the one they produced for The Avengers. :facepalm:

Much happier to remain completely in the dark until I'm sat there on the day with my popcorn. (thumbs u

HAHA your sef-control is commendable, sir!!!!!