• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

You mean this?

How Much is Thanos in Guardians of the Galaxy?

Vulture claims that Thanos will appear in the first act of Guardians of the Galaxy, albeit as a hologram and not in person. He'll continue to appear this way for much of the film and is reportedly referenced by other characters throughout, though he does have one scene where he appears in the flesh, sharing the screen with Lee Pace's Ronan the Accuser and Karen Gillan's Nebula. So it seems that once again Thanos will be the puppeteer, waiting in the shadows for his big debut, which presumably will come during The Avengers 3.

First Impressions: Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

There's no spoilers so don't worry. I enjoyed the film very much. It was very funny, film brought me to tears laughing. I think Chris Pratt might be the new RDJ of the MCU. He owned it was Peter Quil and he has a solid backstory and depth to his character despite all the humour.

:whee::whee::whee:

Did anybody hear if Nova or Adam Warlock are in this movie?

The Nova Corps has been featured in most of the trailers and many of the stills for the film, not sure about Nova himself.

There's no spoilers so don't worry. I enjoyed the film very much. It was very funny, film brought me to tears laughing. I think Chris Pratt might be the new RDJ of the MCU. He owned it was Peter Quil and he has a solid backstory and depth to his character despite all the humour.

Those last few comments in the review are very positive to hear. Especially that last sentence.

I'll go see it again for sure. Had a great time really. I just hope they touch up on some CGI towards the end of the film. I won't give a score now because I'm not sure whether I saw the final cut or rough cut. I should say that I'm no big fan of the GOTG. The film does succeed in opening up the cosmic world of the MCU far more than Thor did in his own 2 films.

I just cringe when I saw the trailers in the theatre this weekend. Looks like it was made to appeal to mostly 9 year old's. Not sure I'm going to bother watching it until it hits pay per view at home.

So was the original Star Wars. (shrug)

Although I was actually 12...

:whee:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I just cringe when I saw the trailers in the theatre this weekend. Looks like it was made to appeal to mostly 9 year old's. Not sure I'm going to bother watching it until it hits pay per view at home.

Well Star Wars wasn't as campy as this movie appears to be.

Heard a rumor that one of the reasons that Marvel wasn't willing to accept Edgar Wright's vision for Ant-Man is because they're very worried about GOTG. They brought in writers to "Marvelize" Wright's -script, and he hated the changes.

Those droids are camp as custard.

I'm trying to picture Vader singing to "hooked on a feeling". :tonofbricks: That song just killed it for me.

Heard a rumor that one of the reasons that Marvel wasn't willing to accept Edgar Wright's vision for Ant-Man is because they're very worried about GOTG. They brought in writers to "Marvelize" Wright's -script, and he hated the changes.

I wonder what they mean by 'Marvelize'... :eek:

I'm trying to picture Vader singing to "hooked on a feeling". :tonofbricks: That song just killed it for me.

Me too, such a terrible, terrible tune.