• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

Wow! Incredible film and I think it was better than the Avengers. I almost want to buy tickets to the 6:45 showing.

Great film! Marvel has their mess together.

A few of my friends who aren't comic book people said they liked this better than the Avengers as well. I'll definitely give it a rent.

Go see it Logan :baiting:

I might, if I can find the time. I have no real attachment to the GotG and this iteration is based on a book I didn't read. I like Starlord and I'm kind of disappointed they appear to have turned him into a joke machine, but Marvel does that with almost every character in the movies these days so I'm becoming numb to it I guess.

I might, if I can find the time. I have no real attachment to the GotG and this iteration is based on a book I didn't read. I like Starlord and I'm kind of disappointed they appear to have turned him into a joke machine, but Marvel does that with almost every character in the movies these days so I'm becoming numb to it I guess.

Starlord doesn't tell jokes

He looked like comedy relief in the trailer I saw (shrug)

He looked like comedy relief in the trailer I saw (shrug)

Yes - but thats not the same as telling jokes

Humour hides his sensitive side - bit like on the boards here

I have no attachment either and I'm not even sure I've read a comic with any of the characters in it outside of Thanos.

That might help since you seem to hate when they change stuff.

Oh and I thought Chris Pratt was outstanding as Starlord, but yes he was funny.

Anyone see it in 3D?

:hi: IMAX 3D here.

I haven't seen too many 3D films, but I'd say it is second best next to Avatar (3D experience wise)... and I think it actually improved the experience for me. Very well executed in that manner. I saw Avengers in 3D and felt the 3D experience was better here (could also be the gorgeous space backgrounds in the film added a lot to the 3D presentation).

There were certain scenes where the characters almost looked like insects in comparison to the vast cosmic background; highlighting the sheer size of the cosmic realm.

I think my next viewing will be in 2D, and I hope the experience holds up. :wishluck:

Did I mention, I hardly even watch movies in theaters much anymore. Damn, marvel keeps bringing me back for more.

Saw it in reald3d. Looks amazing. See it in 3d. They nailed the 3d and normally I hate 3d movies. My only "complaint" was that the commemorative glasses they gave us were like wrap around sun glasses and it was hard to keep them on over my regular glasses (it pushed them up and onto the tip of my nose.)