• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

Boxofficemojo.com is also calling the same forecast.

Weekend Report: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Obliterates August Record

--------------------------

Among recent Marvel movies, Guardians of the Galaxy's opening is nearly on par with Captain America: The Winter Soldier's $95 million, and is noticeably higher than Thor: The Dark World's $85.7 million. That's pretty remarkable considering the Guardians were unknown to most moviegoers a year ago, and have few obvious connections to the Avengers at the moment.

Guardians of the Galaxy also opened above recent superhero sequels The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and X-Men: Days of Future Past. Among 2014 releases, it only trails Transformers: Age of Extinction ($100 million) and the previously-mentioned Captain America sequel.

--------------------------

My 6 year old and I saw it yesterday. We absolutely loved it. Far better than the avengers IMO. Can't wait for the sequel.

Fingers crossed that it keeps those disgusting looking mutant turtles from taking #1 next weekend.

safe bet

My 6 year old and I saw it yesterday. We absolutely loved it. Far better than the avengers IMO. Can't wait for the sequel.

Fingers crossed that it keeps those disgusting looking mutant turtles from taking #1 next weekend.

safe bet

Should be interesting

The final number may climb to $97 MM by end of night. But with the current domestic and international forecasts, it is looking like GotG has achieved close to its budget within its first weekend.

5nZPqTG.png

QvJsEil.png

Plenty more international growth ahead, and loads of worldwide box office revenue to come.

:applause:

I only want to see movies made of characters that I already have at least 5-6 copies of their first appearances.

:jokealert:

ae8c17bc74a641dbfc318a6710f2a0c4_zpsb4e4e1cd.jpg

With the way that Sony runs their show, Rocket Racer may be a protagonist in their upcoming Sinister Six movie.

doh!

That's the 2014 movie I forgot about. And coming up so soon.

August 8, 2014: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

August 15, 2014: The Expendables 3

August 22, 2014: Sin City: A Dame to Kill For

September 26, 2014: The Boxtrolls

September 27, 2014: My Little Pony: Equestria Girls – Rainbow Rocks :insane:

October 19, 2014: The Judge (Robert Downey JR movie)

October 17, 2014: Dracula Untold

October 17, 2014: Kingsman: The Secret Service

Okay, so there are more movies that I thought between now and...

November 7, 2014: Big Hero 6

November 15, 2014: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1

December 12, 2014: The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

doh!

That's the 2014 movie I forgot about. And coming up so soon.

August 8, 2014: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

August 15, 2014: The Expendables 3

August 22, 2014: Sin City: A Dame to Kill For

September 26, 2014: The Boxtrolls

September 27, 2014: My Little Pony: Equestria Girls – Rainbow Rocks :insane:

October 19, 2014: The Judge (Robert Downey JR movie)

October 17, 2014: Dracula Untold

October 17, 2014: Kingsman: The Secret Service

Okay, so there are more movies that I thought between now and...

November 7, 2014: Big Hero 6

November 15, 2014: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1

December 12, 2014: The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

Expendables won't move it. It was very boring to me. The only bit I enjoyed of it was the intro with them rescuing Snipes.

The only flick before the top 3 at the bottom I'm looking forward to is the boxtrolls with sin city a close runner up.

Ha why all the hate for GotG? I haven't read a ton of it or Nova ,but what I read so far has been pretty good!

This is the standard kind of "everybody saying how a movie is going to be even though there is hardly anything known about it yet" stuff that precedes every movie. One rubbish actor does not a failure make.

I'll reserve my judgement a least until we know more and probably until I see the movie.

One of my posts in this thread back in March. At least all the people posting about how rubbish this movie was going to be have finally shut up now.