• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

There goes that hope for a Nova appearance.

James Gunn Doesn't Like Nova; Might Not Ever Show Up In A Movie

----------------------------

I think certain people really like Nova. Quite honestly, I really don't care. He's not a favourite character. I don't know whether he's ever going to show up.

I think they serve a purpose? I like the Nova Corps, I just don't like Nova that much! He's okay, you know? I just don't like that helmet!

Uh-Oh. That sound you just heard was the Nova 1 bubble popping. :grin:

Just got back from seeing it - it is a great movie

It has all the action and humour you would want in a film but it also has a real emotional core at the heart of it

Rocket and Groot are great in it - don't expect those first and second appearances to go down in price too soon

Took my son to Subway today to get the GOTG cup and the GOTG bag. The bag is cool. so so on the cup. But cool stuff. The bag comes with the kids meal and is only $4 and add .35 cents to it to get the soda instead of juice so $4.35 . Not too bad.

There goes that hope for a Nova appearance.

James Gunn Doesn't Like Nova; Might Not Ever Show Up In A Movie

I think certain people really like Nova. Quite honestly, I really don't care. He's not a favourite character. I don't know whether he's ever going to show up.

I think they serve a purpose? I like the Nova Corps, I just don't like Nova that much! He's okay, you know? I just don't like that helmet!

Yeah until he doesn't direct the next one. Look what happened with Ant-Man...

If Marvel wants Nova in a film. Marvel will put Nova in a film.

We shall see. As long as these superstar directors are bringing in the revenue, I think Marvel Studios is going to give them some creative freedom while continuing to build out their universe.

But I am not sure what Gunn has against Nova. I always thought he is a decent character.

If Marvel wants Nova in a film. Marvel will put Nova in a film.

We shall see. As long as these superstar directors are bringing in the revenue, I think Marvel Studios is going to give them some creative freedom while continuing to build out their universe.

But I am not sure what Gunn has against Nova. I always thought he is a decent character.

In a way I disagree. If Marvel decides that the Cosmic side is an area to go, then they will put Nova in his own movie or create and Avengers style space opera in the likes of Annihilation with several solo movies leading up to an event.

I do not think anyone has ever done something like that before. It is like Dr Strange and Ant Man. Both have been Avengers and while they may not have fit into the 1st or 2nd Avengers movie, Marvel believes that they are going to be decent characters and found a director that wanted to film the movie they want to put out there for two solo adventures.

Outside of the Guardians of the Galaxy, Nova is the only real major player that Marvel retains the rights to since the Silver Surfer is locked away at Fox. If, and I concede that it is a very big, 'if', Marvel wants to explore the Universe, Nova is coming.

Outside of the Guardians of the Galaxy, Nova is the only real major player that Marvel retains the rights to since the Silver Surfer is locked away at Fox. If, and I concede that it is a very big, 'if', Marvel wants to explore the Universe, Nova is coming.

I think the Fox 2012 negotiations were all about Silver Surfer and Galactus being part of this cosmic rollout. No wonder why the hard feelings between the two companies.

But I am thinking Marvel learned a slight lesson with Edgar Wright when it comes to pushing too hard to have the rollout plans its own way 100%. And when you are dealing with these very successful directors, you want to throw them a bone to keep them going. Even a small bone that they have reasonable creative control to deliver.

We shall see what happens.

I think the Fox 2012 negotiations were all about Silver Surfer and Galactus being part of this cosmic rollout. No wonder why the hard feelings between the two companies.

But I am thinking Marvel learned a slight lesson with Edgar Wright when it comes to pushing too hard to have the rollout plans its own way 100%. And when you are dealing with these very successful directors, you want to throw them a bone to keep them going. Even a small bone that they have reasonable creative control to deliver.

We shall see what happens.

Either way, with the Gunn news regarding his feelings on Nova, how many people just turned and wept at their recent Nova 1 purchases? I actually like the character, always have and probably always will as I have been collecting pages of art and have five copies of Nova 1. I bought it because I liked it.

Those that speculated though... Thems' the spec'latin game it seems.