• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

I think the Starlord and Nova characters are too similar for Marvel to really go in any kind of direction with Nova. Unless they go with a young 13 year old boy style type like the current Nova book, I don't see Nova coming to the cinematic universe.

+1 I was thinking the same thing.

The origin is almost the same.

I did think that it was highly unlikely that a young kid in the 80's would be listening to 10cc - 10cc for God's sake!

Kevin Feige was born in 1973, James Gunn in 1970. This music is in the movie because it's the music of THEIR childhood, not because of Peter Quill's mom. Then someone said "How do we explain that he's only 34 but listens to 70s music? Let's say his mom gave it to him." Problem solved.

MINOR point I'm raising but anachronisms bug me. (X-Men First Class was full of them.) And if he spends the whole movie listening to Awesome Mix Vol. 1, then why is it so special that we find out his mom

gave him Awesome Mix 2 when she died? You mean she made him 2 mixes, or was he already a fan of 70s music? Why is Vol 2 so special if he already had volume 1

Mix tapes are a thing of the 80s, Quill is a child of the 80s, just make it 80s music.

:thumbsup: to another music fan

I agree - they could have removed all of that music from the movie for me

Replace it with The Smiths - New Order - Echo & the Bunnymen - The Fall & the Cocteau Twins :insane:

I did think that it was highly unlikely that a young kid in the 80's would be listening to 10cc - 10cc for God's sake!

Kevin Feige was born in 1973, James Gunn in 1970. This music is in the movie because it's the music of THEIR childhood, not because of Peter Quill's mom. Then someone said "How do we explain that he's only 34 but listens to 70s music? Let's say his mom gave it to him." Problem solved.

MINOR point I'm raising but anachronisms bug me. (X-Men First Class was full of them.) And if he spends the whole movie listening to Awesome Mix Vol. 1, then why is it so special that we find out his mom

gave him Awesome Mix 2 when she died? You mean she made him 2 mixes, or was he already a fan of 70s music? Why is Vol 2 so special if he already had volume 1

Mix tapes are a thing of the 80s, Quill is a child of the 80s, just make it 80s music.

Replace it with The Smiths - New Order - Echo & the Bunnymen - The Fall & the Cocteau Twins :insane:

That would have made much more sense - she was into new wave and indie and was trying to expand his musical horizons

Lips Like Sugar? ....maybe? hm

Bedbugs and Ballyhoo?.... not so much :(

Lips Like Sugar? ....maybe? hm

Bedbugs and Ballyhoo?.... not so much :(

Not only do we need a separate movie sub forum, but apparently also a movie soundtrack sub sub forum.

- Movie sub-forum

- Music sub-forum

- 'Ebay sucks' sub-forum

- 'I'm very upset with CGC' sub-forum

So much stratification of discussions - so little time.

:ohnoez:

Saw it last night. I really enjoyed it and I have no reference to the comic material. It was a bit hokey at times but that was part of the fun. Loved the end credit scene, but if you pay attention he actually appears in the main part of the movie for a second.

Saw it last night. I really enjoyed it and I have no reference to the comic material. It was a bit hokey at times but that was part of the fun. Loved the end credit scene, but if you pay attention he actually appears in the main part of the movie for a second.

:ohnoez: If I miss it the first time, I'm staying for the second showing.