• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

I understand sometimes you want to change characters for the movie but Gamora in the comic is interesting Gamora in the movie boring. Drax in comic interesting-movie, boring. Thanos, Ronan, Yondu-all the same complaint. Interesting comic character becomes boring cliche movie character.

This was explained to me this way:

The familiarity with the GOTG comics is such that Marvel/Disney had a lot of leeway with regards to the characterizations in the movie. That is why they were able to pretty much loosely base these characters on their comic counterparts, make a movie, and not have the fans up in arms about it. There are not many GOTG comic fans before the movie. But change one aspect of Spider-Man, Superman, Batman, etc. and the fans would be outraged. So, with GOTG, they just had to concentrate on making an entertaining movie and not worry much about how the fans were going to react.

I suspect the Big Hero 6 movie will get the same pass. Few people have read the comics, so that movie will also be given a pass on it's loose characterizations.

Wait I remember it was something about his dad

^^

There's no point in arguing. This thread's been kavved. All logic is lost.

I said I didn't like the film and pointed out the reasons. Claiming someone is 'wrong' for not liking something is just plain stupid.

The heavy-handed use of the soundtrack-an obvious marketing ploy-was annoying.

The yacht music was integrated brilliantly. Great soundtrack.

My friend-who-is-a-girl (with whom I saw GOTG with for my second viewing) took her 10 year old superhero fan daughter to see it on the weekend. Her daughter loved it, and my friend liked it even better the second time. This thing has great legs. And the movie too.

My friend-who-is-a-girl (with whom I saw GOTG with for my second viewing) took her 10 year old superhero fan daughter to see it on the weekend. Her daughter loved it, and my friend liked it even better the second time. This thing has great legs. And the movie too.

Now you know that was a line you were just dying to plug in somewhere on this forum.

:baiting:

Now you know that was a line you were just dying to plug in somewhere on this forum.

:baiting:

You have no idea! ;)

Kav, just to get a barameter, what super hero movies have you liked?

Spiderman 1 and 2

Avengers

Thor 1 and 2 (sorta)

Xmen 1,2 DOFP and 1st class

Boy Wonder

Kickass 1

Captain America 1 and 2

Mystery Men

FF 1 (sorta)

Unbreakable

Watchmen

Green Hornet