• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

None of those figures, have anything to do with the movie.

They are toys produced before the movie had even been written/cast (I think they were released summer 2011).

Based on the DnA run in the comics (which they say the movie will at least be influenced by)

They are cool, but are not related to next summer's AVENGER SIZED BLOCKBUSTER! meh

I predict a US gross north of $250K. Huge hit.

I agree. People are underestimating the movie, the cast, the director and haters need to take a step back and stop trying to badmouth something they probably haven't even read.

Everyone b i t c h e s and moans that there aren't any original movies coming out of Hollywood anymore. Somebody saw Abnett and Lanning's GOTG series for what it was and obviously didn't have a hard time convincing others of the movie potential. If you haven't yet you should do yourself a favor and read it. It's probably the most original and entertaining series that Marvel has published since Warren Ellis took over the Thunderbolts.

This film will be unlike anything that people have seen and not only will it be original but it will be fun. When scripts went out and people signed on they weren't doing this as a "paycheck role". They signed on because it was unlike anything they had ever read. Just wait until the first trailer hits. Interest will begin to build and then eventually steamroll. I really feel this will be the next Star Wars.

Worldwide grosses for this film will easily surpass 800 Million Dollars and the sales of Quill, Rocket, Groot and company merchandise will only add to the Mouse's coffers. When the Guardians and the Avengers team up to battle Thanos onscreen we're going to see the culmination of everything Marvel set out to do back when Iron Man 1 was in production. At that time we'll also see "Avatar" fall as the biggest film of all-time.

The onscreen shared universe that Disney/Marvel has created isn't going to get stale anytime soon. These films are going to be ruling the box office for the next 50 years. The creativity that went into all of the books that we enjoyed in the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's is now being brought to the masses and all of us need to sit back and enjoy what we've been dreaming of for decades. This is an exciting time for longtime fans of Marvel Comics.

I agree. People are underestimating the movie, the cast, the director and haters need to take a step back and stop trying to badmouth something they probably haven't even read.

Everyone b i t c h e s and moans that there aren't any original movies coming out of Hollywood anymore. Somebody saw Abnett and Lanning's GOTG series for what it was and obviously didn't have a hard time convincing others of the movie potential. If you haven't yet you should do yourself a favor and read it. It's probably the most original and entertaining series that Marvel has published since Warren Ellis took over the Thunderbolts.

This film will be unlike anything that people have seen and not only will it be original but it will be fun. When scripts went out and people signed on they weren't doing this as a "paycheck role". They signed on because it was unlike anything they had ever read. Just wait until the first trailer hits. Interest will begin to build and then eventually steamroll. I really feel this will be the next Star Wars.

Worldwide grosses for this film will easily surpass 800 Million Dollars and the sales of Quill, Rocket, Groot and company merchandise will only add to the Mouse's coffers. When the Guardians and the Avengers team up to battle Thanos onscreen we're going to see the culmination of everything Marvel set out to do back when Iron Man 1 was in production. At that time we'll also see "Avatar" fall as the biggest film of all-time.

The onscreen shared universe that Disney/Marvel has created isn't going to get stale anytime soon. These films are going to be ruling the box office for the next 50 years. The creativity that went into all of the books that we enjoyed in the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's is now being brought to the masses and all of us need to sit back and enjoy what we've been dreaming of for decades. This is an exciting time for longtime fans of Marvel Comics.

Once I read those issues of Guradians of the Galaxy I was hooked and went back to read all things Marvel cosmic since Thanos Quest. It really is quite a fun series. The only shortcoming this movie might have is that it doesn't capture the all of the fun of the books considering that budgets cannot accomplish everything that pencil can on paper.

Once I read those issues of Guradians of the Galaxy I was hooked and went back to read all things Marvel cosmic since Thanos Quest. It really is quite a fun series. The only shortcoming this movie might have is that it doesn't capture the all of the fun of the books considering that budgets cannot accomplish everything that pencil can on paper.

:applause::applause:

I think you both hit on the right potential here. This should be adventure, comedy and Sci-Fi all rolled into one interesting cast of characters.

So basically, I should shut up and enjoy it...right? hm

Not at all. Hopefully, they deliver a performance you end up appreciating, even if it doesn't hit on all your expectations.

Unless the trailer looks horrible, I'll at least rent it. The look of Star Lord is a disappointment :(

and the sales of Quill, Rocket, Groot and company merchandise

I tend to share your optimism, M.

As I wrote, no one knows these characters outside of fandom & they're just about unknown within fandom. If this movie succeeds, it'll create popular characters & desirable merchandise (re create key issues out of previously worthless pulp) in a way we've never really seen before.

Hollywood has pillaged the comics for material since Singer's X-Men. This time, there's the chance Hollywood could make its own original contribution to the funnies, while remaining within their style & oeuvre.

It looks like this isn't going to be anything we would call an adaptation. It looks like something new. It looks like the Marvel Bullpen has finally gone to the movies.

I mentioned the Rocket vs Rocket Raccoon debate, not just to throw idle darts at fanboys, but also to observe the fact that Rocket Raccoon is a nobody. He is the biggest Marvel nobody imaginable. It's the rare collector who claims a lifetime of devotion to that funny animal character. How many childhoods will be raped by calling him Rocket less Raccoon? Not that many. There just isn't the 'if-you're-gonna-do-it-then-do-it-right' opportunity for grousing. Seems to me that the stalwarts in that angry camp have to so artificially amp-up their dissatisfaction to get anywhere near appropriate levels of internet message board outrage that they come across as disingenuous & stilted. Clearly, this is a good sign.

I mentioned the Rocket vs Rocket Raccoon debate, not just to throw idle darts at fanboys, but also to observe the fact that Rocket Raccoon is a nobody. He is the biggest Marvel nobody imaginable. It's the rare collector who claims a lifetime of devotion to that funny animal character. How many childhoods will be raped by calling him Rocket less Raccoon? Not that many. There just isn't the 'if-you're-gonna-do-it-then-do-it-right' opportunity for grousing. Seems to me that the stalwarts in that angry camp have to so artificially amp-up their dissatisfaction to get anywhere near appropriate levels of internet message board outrage that they come across as disingenuous & stilted. Clearly, this is a good sign.

Time for another shot of Rupp RocketUpinYa lol

pizapcom1032696210779249671388705148825_zps4dde7fbd.jpg

Time for another shot of Rupp RocketUpinYa lol

pizapcom1032696210779249671388705148825_zps4dde7fbd.jpg

Rapist.