• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

I mentioned the Rocket vs Rocket Raccoon debate, not just to throw idle darts at fanboys, but also to observe the fact that Rocket Raccoon is a nobody. He is the biggest Marvel nobody imaginable. It's the rare collector who claims a lifetime of devotion to that funny animal character. How many childhoods will be raped by calling him Rocket less Raccoon? Not that many. There just isn't the 'if-you're-gonna-do-it-then-do-it-right' opportunity for grousing. Seems to me that the stalwarts in that angry camp have to so artificially amp-up their dissatisfaction to get anywhere near appropriate levels of internet message board outrage that they come across as disingenuous & stilted. Clearly, this is a good sign.

Time for another shot of Rupp RocketUpinYa lol

pizapcom1032696210779249671388705148825_zps4dde7fbd.jpg

Rapist.

RuppRapist ;)

lol

No one knew of Blade outside of comics.

6196114356_0a47d0e28b.jpg

and an interesting thing I also looked up.

Is that Blade Trilogy out grossed the Punisher movies at the box office! :o

So with this new data.

My prediction is Guardians of the Galaxy will do a bigger box combined then all the Blade and Punisher movies put together world wide.

So one Guardians of the Galaxy movie will do better at the box office then the 6 Blade(3) and Punisher(3) movies for those that lost count.

Yes, Rocket Raccoon at this time next year will be a bigger household name then both Punisher and Blade. lol

350px-Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_Vol_3_3_Textless.jpg

My prediction is Guardians of the Galaxy will do a bigger box combined then all the Blade and Punisher movies put together world wide.

Well it should, as the GoG budget is more than all those movies combined. doh!

Movie's box office is rated against its budget, not other movies.

Those figures look like , like something I would find in the Dollar Store.

Do you EVER say anything positive? Curmudgeon... :blahblah:

You actually think they look good? lol

And don't get me wrong, there are some great Marvel licensed figures, like the Legends series, but this looks exactly like the China-made $1-a-pack I see in Dollarama.

How about a Howard the Duck movie?

Admittedly, I liked the first Howard the Duck movie. :cloud9:

Now it all makes sense, thank you!

:baiting:

At least I liked something. You've never liked any movie...ever. lol

Everyone b i t c h e s and moans that there aren't any original movies coming out of Hollywood anymore.

Newsflash: An adaptation of a 1970's Marvel super-team is *not* an original idea.

It's good to see you back, Vince. (thumbs u

Everyone b i t c h e s and moans that there aren't any original movies coming out of Hollywood anymore.

Newsflash: An adaptation of a 1970's Marvel super-team is *not* an original idea.

It's an adaption of a 2013 Marvel super-team. This is a completely different team than the original GOTG.

How about a Howard the Duck movie?

Admittedly, I liked the first Howard the Duck movie. :cloud9:

Now it all makes sense, thank you!

:baiting:

At least I liked something. You've never liked any movie...ever. lol

What are we...five? I've liked several movies, even some of the superhero kind...but you know that (tsk)

It's an adaption of a 2013 Marvel super-team. This is a completely different team than the original GOTG.

I think his point still stands. It doesn't matter though as nearly every movie ever made has been based on something ( book, play etc ).

Chris Pratt discusses Marvel's publicity push for this "cultish commodity":

"'Guardians of the Galaxy' looks set to be Marvel's quirkiest, freshest and most intriguing comic-book adaptation to date. There's a slight problem though.

Unfortunately, 'Guardians' is a cultish commodity, and not many moviegoers have actually heard of Rocket Raccoon, Groot and the rest of the peculiar gang.

Thus, the film's ensemble are going to have to undertake a mammoth publicity campaign in order to educate the general public about Marvel's latest adventure."

Continue reading...

"'Guardians of the Galaxy' looks set to be Marvel's quirkiest, freshest and most intriguing comic-book adaptation to date. There's a slight problem though.

Unfortunately, 'Guardians' is a cultish commodity, and not many moviegoers have actually heard of Rocket Raccoon, Groot and the rest of the peculiar gang.

Thus, the film's ensemble are going to have to undertake a mammoth publicity campaign in order to educate the general public about Marvel's latest adventure."

Continue reading...

the Actor who plays Drax is going back into wrestling for a few months

Continue reading...

That's a good marketing strategy. I wonder if he'll be green hm

Continue reading...

That's a good marketing strategy. I wonder if he'll be green hm

I doubt it, but I am sure they will mention the movie many times